cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exar
Contributor
Message 21 of 91

Re: New Customer - Terrible Speeds at night (Unlimited)

Go to solution

Good morning, 

Which details do you require?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 91

Go to solution

follow the contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 23 of 91

Go to solution

Here are todays speeds also, as previously predicted: ((Will be slow by lunch again))

Speed.png

TEST RESULTS.png

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 24 of 91

Go to solution

Emai sent. hopefully I provided enough information between my email and the contents of this thread.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 91

Go to solution

mods will get back to you but you are now in a queue and it could take 3/5 working days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 26 of 91

Go to solution
No problem. thank you.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 27 of 91

Go to solution

Further afternoon testing shows drops (as per the daily trend) I will post one more this evening during peak hours and I think that will suffice as evidence it's happening daily. (3 days worth of logging.) When I used to get 7Mbps consistently even this is bad im my opinion, but is more usuable than it goes during 6pm-12am.

Speed.png

TEST RESULTS.png

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 28 of 91

Go to solution

Actually a little faster tonight (by ~0.3Mbps) but still awful and unusable compared to previously.

Speed.png

TEST RESULTS.png

Funny Side Note: If we paid our subscription fees based on the % of speed recieved to what was advertised ((IE) I USED to get 7/20mbps (even less atm) advertised so I should pay less than half price))

Suppliers would soon fix their networks lmao 😛 

That's me just going to wait until I hear back from the Moderation team now and I will post the outcome back here once I find out. Cheers.

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 91

Go to solution
@Exar Hopefully the problem can be sorted out! I didn't think congestion would affect ADSL as much, although I guess it must vary by exchange area (my exchange serves 1k properties, but never suffers congestion problems) and how many people who are served by an exchange use broadband.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 30 of 91

Go to solution

Yeah hopefully. I honestly hadn't suffered form congestion for 4 years with Sky (through BT wholesale as sky don't have LLU in that exchange)

Here's my local exchange:
https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WSCLR

Doubt it's ever seen max capacity haha. Hopefully Admin gets on it anyway and does their magic on it and be back to what I had before. 🙂

EDIT: Maybe also worth noting that Fibre is being installed in my area (From Helensburgh round to my exchange) could that be affecting it at all? I have heard the actual cable laying shouldn't interfere but somthing at the exchange can perhaps?

0 Ratings