cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exar
Contributor
Message 51 of 91

Re: New Customer - Terrible Speeds at night (Unlimited)

Go to solution
fair play. so should hear today. mmk
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 52 of 91

Go to solution

SO I got a contact form a mod yesterday, missed their call, no advance warning of a call was going to be made and you expect people to sit in and wait all day for a call they don't knwo they'll get or not..

Never-the-less, the mod followed up with an email as follows:

I tried calling you today on both your landline and your mobile, sorry I missed you.

I have carried out some checks on your broadband connection, your speeds are around 6.8Mb but there has been a few drops in your connection.

I can see the speed test that you don't on the 09/08/15 and 1.5Mb if you are still getting that low we will need to send you out an engineer, our appointments are Monday to Friday am (08.00 to 13.00) or pm (13.00 to 18.00) Please let me know which one would suit you best.

*Sigh* Must we really go through all this again, it's like they never even bothered to read my thread. All I want is a reset!!!

I took the time to reply via email carefully explaining my situation (sent 15 mins after email was received) and never heard back for the rest of the day. Today now being Saturday I don't expect a reply from my email until after the weekend.

My question is: Are they quicker to follow up on emails than the initial '3-5 day' wait to get a reply or do I simply have to wait until 3pm next friday when they email me back, then I respond to which I don't get another reply back for 3-5 working days aka the following Friday...

A little warning goes a long way guys

~Exar

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 91

Go to solution

if you replied to the mods email then you should get a reponse without the 3/5 day wait - just depends when the mod is working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 54 of 91

Go to solution
really.....that's **bleep**. I wait 5 days to wait another 5 days to wait another 5 days....some support this is....Most other companies, once a case is open they generally respond quicker. seems this isn't the case with BT, absolutely disgusting how I'm being treated as a paying customer. I won't be paying any bills if that's the case as I've clearly not had the service described to me when I was sold it.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 91

Go to solution
@Exar The mods are a small group of people. They're also getting many referrals so there is a backlog. The mod who is assigned to your case may not always be in the office 24/7. And refusing to pay your bill will damage your credit rating, so there's no benefit to doing it. The mods will solve your problem through to completion, so don't worry.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 56 of 91

Go to solution

now I literally just thought of this now but the way BT do things is counter productive:

1) No arrangement of a time that's convenient to make the call

2) Customer issue not resolved
3) BT mod time wasted.

Or do it like this:

BT mod arranges a suitable time (that their in work to call you)

1) It's suitable for both sides
2) It's not counter productive
3) Customer issue should get resolved
4) Not wasting mod time.

And no, thanks to ofcoms new regulations I can get out my contract at any time if suppliers don't give you the speeds/connection advertised, which BT have most definitely not and I'm sorry but taking 10 days and potentially another 7 days for next email response, then any added days for further correspondence is simply unacceptable.

All the while I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving. No thanks.

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 57 of 91

Go to solution
I'm just supposed to take 5 days off work and from my real life commitments to receive a call I have no idea what day/time they will call.

Am I the only one who sees this as moronic???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 91

Go to solution

@Exar wrote:
really.....that's **bleep**. I wait 5 days to wait another 5 days to wait another 5 days....some support this is....Most other companies, once a case is open they generally respond quicker. seems this isn't the case with BT, absolutely disgusting how I'm being treated as a paying customer. I won't be paying any bills if that's the case as I've clearly not had the service described to me when I was sold it.

I said you should not have to wait so don't understand your post - or did you misread mine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 59 of 91

Go to solution

still rediculous how it's handled...

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 60 of 91

Go to solution

Hi Exar,

Thanks for posting. I can see my colleague Michelle has been delaing with this for you and has dropped you an email this morning.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings