SO I got a contact form a mod yesterday, missed their call, no advance warning of a call was going to be made and you expect people to sit in and wait all day for a call they don't knwo they'll get or not..
Never-the-less, the mod followed up with an email as follows:
I tried calling you today on both your landline and your mobile, sorry I missed you.
I have carried out some checks on your broadband connection, your speeds are around 6.8Mb but there has been a few drops in your connection.
I can see the speed test that you don't on the 09/08/15 and 1.5Mb if you are still getting that low we will need to send you out an engineer, our appointments are Monday to Friday am (08.00 to 13.00) or pm (13.00 to 18.00) Please let me know which one would suit you best.
*Sigh* Must we really go through all this again, it's like they never even bothered to read my thread. All I want is a reset!!!
I took the time to reply via email carefully explaining my situation (sent 15 mins after email was received) and never heard back for the rest of the day. Today now being Saturday I don't expect a reply from my email until after the weekend.
My question is: Are they quicker to follow up on emails than the initial '3-5 day' wait to get a reply or do I simply have to wait until 3pm next friday when they email me back, then I respond to which I don't get another reply back for 3-5 working days aka the following Friday...
A little warning goes a long way guys
if you replied to the mods email then you should get a reponse without the 3/5 day wait - just depends when the mod is working
now I literally just thought of this now but the way BT do things is counter productive:
1) No arrangement of a time that's convenient to make the call
2) Customer issue not resolved
3) BT mod time wasted.
Or do it like this:
BT mod arranges a suitable time (that their in work to call you)
1) It's suitable for both sides
2) It's not counter productive
3) Customer issue should get resolved
4) Not wasting mod time.
And no, thanks to ofcoms new regulations I can get out my contract at any time if suppliers don't give you the speeds/connection advertised, which BT have most definitely not and I'm sorry but taking 10 days and potentially another 7 days for next email response, then any added days for further correspondence is simply unacceptable.
All the while I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving. No thanks.
really.....that's **bleep**. I wait 5 days to wait another 5 days to wait another 5 days....some support this is....Most other companies, once a case is open they generally respond quicker. seems this isn't the case with BT, absolutely disgusting how I'm being treated as a paying customer. I won't be paying any bills if that's the case as I've clearly not had the service described to me when I was sold it.
I said you should not have to wait so don't understand your post - or did you misread mine
Thanks for posting. I can see my colleague Michelle has been delaing with this for you and has dropped you an email this morning.