cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exar
Contributor
Message 71 of 91

Re: New Customer - Terrible Speeds at night (Unlimited)

Go to solution

I know first hand that they are installing fibre here, it's part of the super fast broadband rollout plan in Scotland atm. I drive past them laying fibre every day.

Connecting up 2 major nuclear submarine navy bases in the UK. yes it's defo being connected, that I'm sure of as it states that on BT's rollout page and digital scotland pages, along with various local council documents and local MP's telling us so.

Please check your information before you post. I am also aware of the timeframe, hence why I said I hopefully shouln't have to wait too long after the ~6month timescale as I know they don't acept orders right away.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 91

Go to solution

the first sign of anything happening is the erection of the new fibre cab next or near your existing PCP.  it could be months after that before fibre is available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 73 of 91

Go to solution

that is correct yes.

Our area is in stage 4 of the BT rollout plan (the big build)

BT Rolloutpage

Fibre.png

Digital Scotland

fibre2.png

As you can see I'm bang smack in the middle of the fibre area, cabinet is 200 ft away from me and its cabinet 1 and one of the only cabinets that serve my village.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 74 of 91

Go to solution

at least it shows your cabinet is included in the roll out plan

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 75 of 91

Go to solution
Just a waiting game 🙂

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 76 of 91

Go to solution

Evening, 

Had the engineer out today; He checked over all lines and terminal boxes. Said that my line is fantastic minus a 2pt (whatever the metric is) variation between the two wires which is nominal. AC etc. all fine. Router dropped sync whilst he was here luckily so he could experience this first hand. However, no line faults/issues could be detected, but he did change over my NTE faceplate (said I had really old one) to the newer version, left me with a MK3 faceplate also. Re-terminated lines and re-wrired the 1st junction box (before BT master socket.) Re-tested afterwards, no drop outs/CRC erros etc. He Phoned Openreach and re sysnced my line at 6976mbps and was getting a consitent speed of 6Mps and stable connection so far (7hrs counting.)

However, at time of posting my speeds have once again dropped to ~1Mbps. Engineer also mentioned that it could be a service provider fault and may even be some kind of cap/throttle as ISP's who claim to not throttle have been know to still do so. (this is words from the OR engineer!)

It may well be congestions/contention at this time, I will need to do further speed tests at various times to see if the trend continues the same as since the 5th. Mod Michelle will be in touch tomorrow alegedly so I will seee what she thinks now engineer has been out and post outcome.

Exar

EDIT - he only did diagnostics in my house as no errors could be found on line he didn't feel the need to investigate the line to the exchange.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 91

Go to solution

When you say speed has dropped presumably you mean the download speed not the actual connection speed

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 78 of 91

Go to solution

Yeah, through-put speed. The sync speed barely dropped the whole 20 days of issues (only manual disconnects then it would resync back) but speeds were so variable, 1/4 of the day unusable., the rest almost max speed.

Same issue as before (just slightly better now sitting at 1Mbps) been my problem the whole time. (Previously synced at 8128 Mbps actual DL speed 0.2 - 0.6 Mbps)

Now synced at 6976 Mbps and getting 0.9 - 1Mbps in peak time tests.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 79 of 91

Go to solution

See what mod suggests when she phones you - maybe boost engineer

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 80 of 91

Go to solution

It's certainly more stable so far (which I'm happy for) but nowhere near what sky provided me on the same line. this is what annoys me the most, knowing that another company can provide a better service on BT's own wholesale loaned out line.

During peak with sky I'd still get 2 - 4mbps on peak 6-7 off peak on a 7.1 Mbps sync rate. Which is still enough speed to do things online, unlike this crawl of a speed. I can only browse with this...

Just have to see what mod says now, if anything.

Edit - not 7.1mbps sync that's what my max through-put was (7.15 Mbps I believe), whatever the sync would be for that.

0 Ratings