cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exar
Contributor
Message 81 of 91

Re: New Customer - Terrible Speeds at night (Unlimited)

Go to solution

No mod contact for 6-9 days. What's going on?

Been with BT 30 days now and still not got my issue resolved fully.

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 82 of 91

Go to solution

MY email to Michelle (9 days ago)

Afternoon Michelle, 

Had the engineer out as you know; He checked over all lines and terminal boxes. Said that my line is fantastic minus a 2pt (whatever the metric is) variation between the two wires which is nominal. AC etc. all fine. Router dropped sync whilst he was here luckily so he could experience this first hand. However, no line faults/issues could be detected, but he did change over my NTE faceplate (said I had really old one) to the newer version, left me with a MK3 faceplate also. Re-terminated lines and re-wired the 1st junction box (before BT master socket.) Re-tested afterwards, no drop outs/CRC errors etc. He Phoned Openreach and re synced my line at 6976 Mps and was getting a consistent speed of 6Mbps and stable connection so far. He never bothered to check the line from my master socket to the exchange however, as he said there was no point if no obvious faults on the line.

I noticed last-night during peak times, that my speeds dropped to sub 1 Meg again, I'm not sure if that can be placed on congestion/contension, 1 day of testing isn't really enough to say really. I do remember that with sky during peak times I'd get roughly 2-4 Meg on a 7 Meg sync and 6-7 off peak, so isn't quite back where it was but so far been stable (I manual disconnected it this morning to install the MK3 faceplate (I did manual disconnect in router page in the hope the router wouldn't pick it up as a fault.)

I'll keep monitoring the speeds during peak times however and see if I can hold 3 days stable connection now I've installed the Mk3 Plate.

Thanks for taking the time to check up on my situation but as stated I think it's too early to declare 'fixed' at the moment. Hopefully in a couple of days I should be able to say that 🙂

Chris
0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 83 of 91

Go to solution

MY email to Michelle (6 days ago)

Good morning Michelle,

After a few days of holding connection, I think it's safe to say that my speeds have rectified themselves. I'm receiving consistent 6 Mbps off peak and about 2-3 Mbps on peak which is more or less about the same as before, just getting about 1 Mbps less as a top end. (with sky I was 7.15 Mbps max throughput) not sure if you think it would be worth trying it out at the IP profile to give myself that 7.15 Mbps or leave it as is. I'll take your word on that one.

Would it also be possible to ask you if my line is showing any errors since the engineer has visited and if you think the error count is low enough to switch my ping type back to fast path again now my line is stable and showing no signs of drop outs.

Thanks for all the amazing help you're given myself, I'm ever appreciative. 

Chris

============

none of which have been replied to.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 84 of 91

Go to solution

Hi Exar,

Thanks for posting. Something has deffinitely gone pear shaped with the email. I've passed this in to Michelle and she'll be in touch asap.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 85 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks DavidM.

I suspect it'll be after the weekend now but that's no problem. My issues have been mostly fixed, it's just seeing if my line is stable enough once again to be put back to fastpath ping as stated in email. All good. 

I'll check back Monday 🙂

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 86 of 91

Go to solution

Still no email..

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 91

Go to solution

mods will update you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 88 of 91

Go to solution

Hi Exar,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Michelle will check this and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 89 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks David, wasn't sure if things got messed up again lol. no worries.

0 Ratings
Exar
Contributor
Message 90 of 91

Go to solution

Michelle got in touch yesterday and we got it changed.

Thanks for all the help guys and I'll go ahead and mark a solution now.

Took 35 days but we got there 🙂

~Exar

0 Ratings