cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

New Exchange upgrade

Well done BT, I have a great stable broadband connection now. I have gone from 480 kbs - 6900 kbs to 12Mbs download, 900kbs Upload at around 40ms Ping!

Hopefully this will remain a constant as before the upgrade I had from Dial up speed to almost 7Mbs but it was so unstable.

Now I have 12MBs Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tatworth, Somerset. UK

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Exchange upgrade

I have had a e.mail.saying that they are going to upgrade the local exchange tomorrow the 11/06.12 does that mean that i will get faster speeds

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@ernieandchris wrote:

I have had a e.mail.saying that they are going to upgrade the local exchange tomorrow the 11/06.12 does that mean that i will get faster speeds

that depends on your current attenuation  you can check here - you need to adweeks/months as the line as upgraded in batches and no way of telling which batch you are ind 2db to your attenuation for the new adsl2 speed.

even after getting the email your connection may be upgraded immediately or it could be days/weeks/months as upgraded in batches

check speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

shuttle1981
your line will be in a 10 day line training period as you have been upgraded disconnections are perfectly normal during this time
0 Ratings