cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gribley
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New HH5, replaced HH4 myself. Faster speed than it says I can have already?

This is a little odd, I`ve had some issues with BT and HH4/HH3 (anything with Openreach VDSL modem).  Paid for a new Homehub 5 since BT wouldn`t supply and I seem to have faster speeds already than my DSLAM profile :S....  should they reset it for me or would I expect the usual 29Mb point of sale once more?

The datarate even appears greater via the wholesale speed tester!...  looking like it was worth the £49 I paid on ebay.

For those that know the margins, what speed would you now expect my line to get?  Seems nice and stable now which is what I wanted so anything else is a bonus.

1. Product name: BT Business Hub
2. Serial number: +076399+NQ42911852
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.198 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:10:53
6. Data rate: 17816 / 62179
7. Maximum data rate: 17806 / 62037
8. Noise margin: 5.8 / 6.5
9. Line attenuation: 20.4 / 17.2
10. Signal attenuation: 20.4 / 17.2
11. Data sent/received: 0.9 MB / 12.9 MB
12. Broadband username: *********@service.btclick.com
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: New HH5, replaced HH4 myself. Faster speed than it says I can have already?

I woul say that speed is about right for the attenuation and the margins are very close to target, so I wouldn't expect any increase.

However, your comment about 29Mb looks a little odd. It will only reduce that far in the event of a fault which prompts DLM to take action.

The good news is that now you can monitor your line stats rather than guessing.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Are you, or were you a BT Business customer? As the BT Click login was an old BT Business service?

0 Ratings
Gribley
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

No just a home customer but didn`t want to spend the £70+ on a hub5 when I could get a new one for less that £50. The business label was a bit of a surprise I admit but clearly just a firmware setting which I guess will eventually get pushed down
0 Ratings