Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasper47
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

New HH6 on the way

Go to solution

After 5 months of drop outs on the Smart Hub we upgraded to (saying that with a certain irony), and several phone calls to tech support (none of which was I ever called back as they promised), followed by a snotty email, I now have a new Smart Hub on the way and a promised phone call to see if its improved. Do I have any reason to suspect the new one will be any different to the present one I have?

Currently we get short drop outs about once or twice every couple of days, followed by a full reboot of the Hub. Irritating beyond words.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: New HH6 on the way

Go to solution

Hi,

'Do I have any reason to suspect the new one will be any different to the present one I have?'   Most likely not.

By all means try the new one and see but if you look around the forum you'll see the problems people are having.  Save yourself some grief and get a good third party VDSL modem/router.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Had my third this week , now waiting for a HH5 from BT as the Smart Hub only seems to last about two months if that 

0 Ratings
grungernut
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I had the same problem from install, HH6 would just randomly reset sometimes 10 times a night,I mean seriously I could not go 2 hours without the hub just reseting OR said they could not find any line fault and I was sent a new HH6, same problem straight away, I have just replaced the hub with a Netgear D6400 and I have not had one single disconnection yet so that seems to show the issue was certainly with the hub, my advice is rip it out and buy a decent VDSL router/modem.

Mark

pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@grungernut wrote:

I had the same problem from install, HH6 would just randomly reset sometimes 10 times a night,I mean seriously I could not go 2 hours without the hub just reseting OR said they could not find any line fault and I was sent a new HH6, same problem straight away, I have just replaced the hub with a Netgear D6400 and I have not had one single disconnection yet so that seems to show the issue was certainly with the hub, my advice is rip it out and buy a decent VDSL router/modem.

Mark

Couldn't agree more!

0 Ratings
Jasper47
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Smart Hub Disconnecting Solved

Go to solution

Just thought I would post an update. 

Have suffered from the usual daily dropouts and Hub reboots ever since getting the Smart Hub about 5 months ago. Tried everything that BT Customer help suggested.

Anyway, having read various things about phone extensions etc I tried unplugging the cordless phone from the extension we have in the kitchen and plugging it into the other port on the broadband socket.

Long and short is that the internet has run consistently and continually for the last 6 days.

Fingers croased.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Re: Smart Hub Disconnecting Solved

Go to solution

That is where it should be plugged in, however I would imagine your extension is not wired to the correct place, and is simply teed in somewhere else.

This is how extensions must be wired.

extensions.jpg

0 Ratings