cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikethebike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: New Hub 5 - No wireless phones!

I had the wire from the ADSL side of the microfilter (as shown on the diagram) plugged into the phone socket on the hub2.  Was that wrong?

Mike

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

@mikethebike wrote:

I had the wire from the ADSL side of the microfilter (as shown on the diagram) plugged into the phone socket on the hub2.  Was that wrong?

Mike

Yes, I don`t know how you managed that, as the output from the microfilter is an RJ11 connection, and the phone connection at the back is a normal phone socket?

Use the broadband input to to home hub, just like it was when you were on ADSL.

You may have damaged the home hub by connecting the line to the phone socket at the back.

mikethebike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Ahah! Success! I now have working wireless phones. Many thanks. You are a genius! Your help is much appreciated. thanks to all contributors.
Mike
0 Ratings
mikethebike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

For some reason, my box of wires has one with ADSL on one end and phone socket on the other!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

@mikethebike wrote:
Ahah! Success! I now have working wireless phones. Many thanks. You are a genius! Your help is much appreciated. thanks to all contributors.
Mike

Thats good Smiley Happy

The lead that you had, must have come from somewhere else, perhaps an old phone?

The normal hub ADSL lead, is RJ11 to RJ11.

The trouble is, many people scrap their old hub, before they realise that the handsets do not work on the new hubs Smiley Sad

People also need to realise that any extra "Broadband Talk" phone number will now be ceased, so all calls made from the hub phones, will be using their landline number.

DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

Keith_Beddoe wrote:snipped

The trouble is, many people scrap their old hub, before they realise that the handsets do not work on the new hubs Smiley Sad

Possibly because many assume that these newer hubs (HH3, 4 & 5) will still work with the hub phone and thus BBT....:|. It took a while for BT to mention this, but I do recall seeing a note that the HH3 no longer supports the hub phone, which is a good thing, but some customers simply ring up and so don't see this note. It's only when they finally see the new hub do they then find out - hence this thread from Mike.

I know I wasn't told when I called BT and upgraded to the HH3, so I complained to BT management. An apology was sent and BT fully compensated me by issuing free new replacement phones. This was before the note was added to the web site. I was able to retain BBT as at the time I used this via BT Softphone.

My reply is aimed at BT, but used Keith's reply to base this post on.

Hopefully the sales reps, either online or over the phone, mention the loss of the hub phone facility as a just in case, regardless to the customer actually owning one or more...?

And then telling them they can be used as per Keith's instructions? - that could save a lot of decent phones going in the bin.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings