cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oaktreenurseries
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Hub keeps dropping out

I recently had a problem with my internet, I contacted the web help and they had only one solution - turn it off and on, I had tried this prior to the webchat, I was then guaranteed it was the hub, I reluctantly bought a new hub. I installed the new hub, same problem, I contacted webchat again, their solution was - turn it off and on again, I had already done this, they assured me it was the hub was faulty, I reluctantly agreed to get another hub. I installed the new hub, still the same problem, I contacted  webchat again, their solution was - turn it off and on again and then told me it was the hub! Please I need some help here. I have tried turning the BT wifi off completely as I think it was conflicting with my apple timemachine etc, I can get some of my devices to work for a while, then they will stop opening some websites - I can google search bbc news for example but when I click on it, nothing will open. Has anyone any solutions, the new hub seems a lot worse than the old one, I get the feeling BT no longer have any competent experts to come up with a solution. Can anyone recommend a solution or a reliable internet provider.  This has been going on for many weeks now 😞

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Hub keeps dropping out

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you a business or residential user? (looking at your username its not clear)

0 Ratings
oaktreenurseries
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Residential
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@oaktreenurseries wrote:
Residential

Thank you.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Is it a BT Home Hub 6 that you have?

Does the connection problem also affect devices connected using an Ethernet cable, or is it just wireless devices that are affected?

0 Ratings