Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 21

New Infinity 1 constantly disconnecting and strange speeds

Hello,

We have installed our new bt infinity which we have been waiting 12 years for out here in the countryside and unfortunately its not functioning as expected. I am experiencing the following issues:

1. The connection is dropping out "at least" once an hour. This is happening both in the faceplate and in the test socket. 

2. The connection speed is 20mb when in the faceplate and 36MB when in the test socket. 

Connection information:

Exchange: 

Router help stats:

After reading some of the other threads on the forum I have purchased a new openreach mk3 master socket and plan to wire this up next week when it arrives. I am not sure however that this is going to resolve the contant disconnects. It might be worth pointing out that this exchange has only recently been upgraded to infinity....could there be an issue at the exchange causing me to drop out constantly?

My faceplate currently only has cables conneted in the 2 and 5 slots as when I had adsl this seemed to improve my connection. Could this be harming my infinity connection?

Thanks,

Tom 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: New Infinity 1 constantly disconnecting and strange speeds

if you are getting such a marked difference in speed when using the test socket then either a problem with faceplate or the extension wiring.  did you use a new filter when you connected?

your connection speed is at the bottom end of your 'A' estimate and noise margin is about normal 6db

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 21

After re-wiring and installing the openreach mk3 business master socket my speeds are now as follows.

Was a bit of a pain but it seems to be worth it!

infinity final.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

that's ok

would you mind posting router stats again to see difference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

Ok, 

I thought that I had sorted out the issues however tonight the internet has been terrible. It is constantly disconnecting, the speed is down to 20mb and the ping is nearly double what it is in the day time. The disconnects only last about 5 seconds at a time. This is enough to kick me out of any gaming servers etc. The disconnects are sometimes minutes apart sometimes 10 minutes. 

Router stats:

routerstats.png

0 Ratings
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 21

during peak times I am getting constant loss when playing csgo. This is causing me to rubberband everywhere. Its fine during the  day time???

whats going on.... this connection is worse for gaming than my adsl was....

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 21

Go to the following link and complete the first test, then click further diagnostics and post the results of that test: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com
0 Ratings
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 21

bt test 11am.png

This is the results of the test at 11am. The internet is fine at this time, I will run the test again later when we are having problems. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

if you can run about 4/5pm and then somewhere about 9pm and see if download speed is dropping

0 Ratings
tombomb
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 21

Internet has disconnected twice in the last 10 minutes again. It is only happening at peak time.....This is getting very very irritating now.....

2015-07-26 20_50_51-BTW Performance Test.png

0 Ratings