Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
resende
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: New Infinity 2 speed problems

legitimise_sailing 

The noise margin is 6.1 / 5.6

do i need to post anymore information so you guys can help me try to get better speeds?

Thank you

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 21

The noise margin is fine.

Can you enter your phone details using this link and post back the info on both the A and B upper and lower speeds. ( don't post  your numberSmiley Wink)   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
resende
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

bt.jpg

Hello conrad,

This is the results that i got.

Thank you

Best regards

resende

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 21

Given that you have 37 as your current download you won't get much assistance as it is within the A range and at the top end of the B range. Infinity 1 £s per month may be a better option in the longer term.

The best you can do is just wait to see if it improves but being honest don't bother holding your breath.

The proper speed range that should have been quoted at the start is 23.9-50.7 but Sales people will always quote the A range only.

0 Ratings
resende
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Thank you for the reply, I don't really care too much about the download speed, because the 37 is ok for now, but i care about the upload speed, that I'm not even get 6 :S

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 21

Upload speed is very fickle and ISPs do not intervene to correct lower than expected speeds unfortunately.

0 Ratings
resende
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

So basically is nothing that I can do?

So I sign for a service that I don't get and I'm paying for it 😞

Will do tomorrow 2 weeks that I'm with BT, and i just have bad things to say about them, 1st the speed that is bellow from what they told me, 2nd didn't have the phone working till beginning of last week, and 3rd the engineer did make the wrong connection to the TV-BOX and didn't got internet till last Saturday.

So i just have to say " Great experience in 2 weeks " 😞

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 18 of 21

Sounds like you are the victim of a botched installation which needs a proper Openreach engineer to attend and repair. You should ring the helpdesk and request a Broadband Boost engineer.

This is something that needs an engineer to come to your house to fix, don't believe them if they say they can fix it remotely. They can't.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
fundog67
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

@conrad wrote:

The proper speed range that should have been quoted at the start is 23.9-50.7 but Sales people will always quote the A range only.

Is that not then misselling a product ??? Trouble with not only BT but all providers is that they all do exactley that Lie about your speeds. So if they promise you those speeds at the sale and you dont get them then they are not fulfilling their obligation making your contract null and void ??

But then you read the small print and they say " we are not responsible for the lies that our sales team tell you and that your are dumb enough to belive "

Or something like that Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 21

Their cop out phrase is "up to " and "speeds are not guaranteed" . That is why you should always run the adsl checker to get some indication of speed. The other confusing thing is that there is now the A and B range which Idon't think is  really explained to potential purchasers or possibly BT staff ( could be wrong).

@resende - the info you posted in your last message indicates that there has been something amiss with your installation but there may be some resistance from BT/Openreach to do anything as the speed is still within the relevant ranges. You have stated that you got infinity last Wednesday but that the internet didn't work until Saturday so it could be argued that you are still in the 10 day period/ just out of the 3 days but it is likely the DLM has probably reduced your speed as it has assumed there was a line error from Weds to Saturday so there may be a further delay getting any engineer out.

0 Ratings