cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRAway
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Infinity Install - 3 days in... 2Mb Internet?

Go to solution

We had BT Infinity installed 3 days ago. Line speed hasn't changed from when I did the speed test with the engineer still present. Was told that it would "Get better" over the next 24 hours, but that didn't happen. Estimates from the BT site were 45mb down, 8mb up (Approx 700m from cabinet). We are getting 2.5 down, and 4mb up.

After phonining customer support, I was told this is OK and that it will get better as it stabalises over the next 10 days. My feeling is that this is just broken, and I'm going to end up wasting 10 days with broken internet. Does anyone have experience of this? Is it magically going to get better? It seems strange to me that our up is twice as high as the down, but customer services seems very reluctant to actually do anything during this period.

Multiple speed test sites all give roughly the same result.

BT Speed Test

Do I keep complaining? Or will this magically fix itself?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Infinity Install - 3 days in... 2Mb Internet?

Go to solution
reset only the hub then try again. then go on to speedtester.bt.com and get your IP profile.
0 Ratings
RRAway
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

In a strange turn of events, after calling customer services to say it was broken, and them saying I needed to wait 10 days ... 30 mins later an Openreach engineer turned up at the house (yeah, 30 mins ... on a Saturday!), saying there was a fault and that he had been sent to fix it.

Internet is now operating at the expect speed. Pretty impressed.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Great news glad all is now ok
0 Ratings