Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: New Infinity Installation

Your speed is outside the lowest estimate and as has been stated your noise margin is higher than the optimum of 6. This can be an indicator of a fault on your line.

You should contact BT and request that an engineer be sent out to investigate the problem. If it has been like that since the initial install make sure that Customer Services are aware of that.

As regard difference between Infinity 1 and 2. Apart from the speed if your line can support it, there is no £30 activation fee and you get 50Gb of BTCloud storage with Infinity 2. Obviously not worth the difference if you don't get Infinity 2 speeds but I suppose some people may want it.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

the minimum speed is shown at approx 8mb depending on line condition your distance from the cabinet is limiting your speed
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

@john46 wrote:
the minimum speed is shown at approx8mb depending on line condition your distance from the cabinet is limiting your speed

He should be getting speeds within the estimate, the distance is taken into account when the estimate is given by the checker otherwise it would give the maximum speed everytime. Also his noise margin is to high.

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

yes correct on the noise margin being high but as already posted the OP is a long distance from his cabinet and as also well known the Wholesale checker database is on some occasions inaccurate
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 16

gg is quite right. The noise margin is indicative of a line fault and should be addressed first.

0 Ratings
seedubs
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Many thanks for all your help, I will, in the first instance, raise a fault with BT, but I assume they will ignore me until the 'bedding' in time has taken place?

0 Ratings