Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkE1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New Infinity customer question.

Go to solution

Hi All, This is my first post so please be gentle...

I have recently ordered Infinity as it has just become available in my area,  All websites I have visited state I will receive the full 40Mb download. I understand it may not be exactly 40Mb but how accurate are the predictions?  I don't want to order and receive half the speed as it would not make sense for me to upgrade at all.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Infinity customer question.

Go to solution
The predictions are actually quite conservative. Have seen customers on here predicted 27 and got the full 40.

The reason being, is that the predictions are based on something like 90% of the ports in the FTTC being active. The more active circuits there are, the more cross talk interference there is. Cross talk WILL reduce the connection rate.

Vectoring technology is being worked on at the moment which will effectively negate cross talk but it's not needed at the moment 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
MarkE1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Excellent, thanks for the reply...Looks like I will be getting the full 40Mb.  Thumbs up to BT infinity

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
You're meant to mark my answer as the solution not your own 😛
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings