cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlGale
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

New Infinity install - abrupt decrease in speeds...

Go to solution

Infinity installed Monday 27th June

Ran speedtest.net test with OR Engineer present (wireless connection...)

First image (above!) doesn't appear on preview - so I'll summarise

d/l 35.64  u/l 6.23 ping 32

Speeds have plummeted, and connection lost on several occasions, followed process in Hub Manager (summarised very well I see in http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Infinity-kit-keeps-dropping-connection/m-p/162937)

speedtest. net (ethernet connection) now

spt-2.jpg

speedtester.bt.test result (yesterday evening) ethernet again

sptestbt-1.jpg

This is a slight improvement on the previous test when d/l ip profile was about 1100 !

I was unable to carry out the further test (after changing username and re-connecting) as test did not run

So...

Should I expect this? should I wait a couple of days (or more) for the ip profile to improve (by a factor of 20x or more?)

Or contact the Mods?

Cheers,

Alb

There are 11 kinds of people in the world..... Those who understand binary, those who don't and those, like me, who wish they'd never heard of it...
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 20

Re: New Infinity install - abrupt decrease in speeds...

Go to solution

Hi

I am afraid that you "could" have to wait up to 10 days for your line speed to stabilise but it "should" be stable after 3-4 days.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks Demon_Dave

what I suspected, but was hoping for a 'there, there, never mind, it'll be better soon' - but I guess that's what you did say!

emailed Support anyway ref ******-******

There are 11 kinds of people in the world..... Those who understand binary, those who don't and those, like me, who wish they'd never heard of it...
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Make sure you leave the modem on 24/7.

0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

Make sure you leave the modem on 24/7.

Yep, doing that, and avoided resetting the modem or hub (and more importantly not told Mrs G of the problems). Connection doesn't seem to be dropping again
Last night ip profile down to 1100 though :-((
0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Much as I don't like bumping my own thread...

I'm seriously thinking of biting the bullet and calling 0800 111 etc. Currently working on a contract which keeps me away from home most days until early evening - so it's lucky that the helpline is 24/7 (I hope).

Modem keeps dropping connection now - several times in an evening, although software reset works Oddly enough the d/l speed increased to the heady heights of 2.4 Mbps (2 point 4 not twenty four) but that was before the connection dropped.

Was working last night (the benefits of self employment - long hours, less money, no pension (oh Public Sector how hard you are done by), unpaid holidays etc) \rant over\ so didn't do a speedtest and therefore haven't checked ip profile

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

AlGale have you sent a message to the moderators at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951? Allow 72 hours but they can get things fixed quicker than the helpline.

0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Infinitechris,

yeah done that, I'm just an impatient s*d.

I know the mods are busy as well (and I've worked IT support in the past, so I should know what they're up against)

Thanks,

Al

0 Ratings
Dave_Tech_Guy
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Algale

When the engineer set it all up he probs did a test and demo. Once he turn on the modem has he or you turned it off? Believe it or not if you havent then the firmware on the modem will not have updated.

Turn both boxes off, turn on the modem and wait for DSL then turn on the HH£ with everything preconnected and you should then resume superfast BB

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks Dave,

/Quote (quote button fails with error so copy/pasted)

Turn both boxes off, turn on the modem and wait for DSL then turn on the HH£ with everything preconnected and you should then resume superfast BB

end Quote/

checked version and date, and would seem to be OK. Didn't really want to shut down modem and hub as it may affect IP profile. [mind you, this is hub version not modem firmware] Anyone know how to check that?

hub_version.jpg

Mind you the latest results are not particularly inspiring anyway...so it couldn't make it any worse!

speedtest1-7-11.jpg

Al

0 Ratings