Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

New Infinity never worked

Hi

My order  for BT Infinity has been plagued with problems:

I placed my order for Infinity on 14 October and was advised that installation date would be 2 November.

On 2 November the ‘old’ broadband (different supplier) was disconnected and the phone line was switched over to BT.  Nothing happened with Infinity and helpline advised date had been rearranged for 4 November.  No reason was available.

On 4 November we left until midnight as advised by the blurb but no Infinity.  The Homehub light still flashing red. 

On 5 November chatted with helpline who advised there was a line fault and this would be fixed by 9 November.

On 6 November chatted with helpline they performed checks and concluded there was a fault with the external line and this would be fixed by Openreach.  I had a phone message to mobile that the engineer visit was cancelled as they had found another fault at the cabinet.

On 8 November an engineer (telephone) attended (unscheduled)to check the line and found no faults, but found that the cabined was connected to the wrong terminals which he fixed but noted that there was no connection to broadband on the line.

On 9 November I was assured that the problem would be fixed……by the end of the day….

On 10 November I chatted again.  They help person asked again what socket we had how to plug in the router etc etc and concluded the router was faulty.  I told him the engineer who attended Saturday had checked and this was not the case. 

After more checks he said there was a fault on the line and they would send engineer to check the cabinet connections again.  Resolution time is no 13 November.

I feel that I am just being fobbed off by the helpline and they have no idea what to do unless it is in their ‘script’ and just get rid of the caller.

Is there anyone who can actually see what the ‘line’ looks like.  Can they really remotely check the line and conclude the router is faulty (when it is switched off!) or can they see if the Infinity is tagged to the line correctly?  I doubt that.

I am at a loss to know where to go to  escalate the problem, please.

Steve

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Infinity never worked

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete your number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi

box.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

mods will try and help and will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 11

Hi Steve6501, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that your Infinity service is not working. I would like to take a look at this. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Cheers,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I have had a call from the BT Digital Care team, staing wait till Friday and Openreach are dealing.

Nothing has happened in those days.

Its been almost two weeks and still no service.

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Did you take up the offer of help extended to you by @OlgaC ? If not, I highly recommend you do so, they will own the issue until completion. If you have taken up the offer of help from the mods, then you should probably get in contact with them. 🙂
0 Ratings
steve6501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I have not had contact as yet.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 11

@steve6501 I'm sorry this is still ongoing, I can see the mod team are still manging the case for you and we've left a message on your mobile answer service over the weekend. I'll ask one of the team to call again today with an update.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 11

@steve6501 We've tried calling you again but missed you. @OlgaC will drop you an email now.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings