cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeliEye
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Infinity user - Upload speed???

I recently upgraded to FTTC, I was told my download speed should be 16.5Mb.. I get 20Mb, so far so good, better than expected .. But, BT said upload speed should be 3.5Mb, I can only get 1.07Mb??

I've checked everything out, done resets, cold boots etc, but upload remains 1.07Mb?

Any clues? Speedtest.net say's above average download and well below upload average?

I'm delighted at my new found speed boost, as I was on 512kb before, just puzzled by the up-speed?

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Paul1360
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Infinity user - Upload speed???

HelliEye,

You must be a fair distance from the FTTC Cab if you are only getting 20Mb D/L and 1.07Mb U/L. Can you please run a speed test and post the result.

http://speedtester.bt.com/

iechyd da

0 Ratings
HeliEye
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Paul Results as below, the d/l peaked at 20.3, but still low u/l? I'm fairly happy with the d/l speed, but the ratio doesn't seem right for u/l? Cheers Steve
Download speedachieved during the test was - 17 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-19.33 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 19.33 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 1.11 Mbps

0 Kbps10 Mbps Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.11Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 4 of 4

steve,

Ok how far are you from the cab??? You must be not far off 2km with your profile set at 19.33Mb but I didn't think that the distance had much affect on the up load speed. There's not a lot to be done about you D/L speed alas as you are within your profile. I'll dig around some more to see if I can infor on up/L speed, unless soemone who knows more than me helps 1st lol.

iechyd da

0 Ratings