cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jba9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New Install / Alarm Problem

Installed Service yesterday, seems good so far. However I noticed yesterday morning that my Monitored Alarm has been disconnected from the phone line. (its hard wired in) 

Would BT fix this, or would I best to call the alarm company to fix? (ADT) 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Install / Alarm Problem

Don't understand as to why it has been disconnected and or not reconnected but i'm guessing that would be a job for ADT to do.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

It sounds like you had a lazy installer - BT should have left you with everything working.

At the risk of being told off by one of the other contributers - as long as the wiring used in your property is of sufficient quality and at least 4 cores, an efficient installer should have adapted the wiring to keep the alarm connected.

There have been other threads on monitored alarms - if you carry out a search you should be able to find them.

If you need to bring Openreach back, it would be best to involve the mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

they are a small band of BT employees based in Northern Ireland, and they can take up to 72 hours to get back to you.

All the best

Michael.

0 Ratings
jba9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi 

I acutal thought the installer was not too bad, however he was in a rush, think he was running about 1hr or so late. 

Have emailed the mods, Will wait for there reply before contacting ADT. 

Had a search of the forum! - should of done that first! thanks anyhow 🙂 

0 Ratings