cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 26

Re: New Internet Explorer 11 BEWARE !

Newyddion da Taffy. Ni fyddwch yn difaru ac efallai dod o hyd i eich bod yn gallu defnyddio eich brodorol hun.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Ni allwn gytuno mwy pottyperson

Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

It's just branding.  Other 'providers' brand IE in this way too.

It's not that they've messed with the program or anything sinister as such, it's just that they've added some extra configuration options such as title-bar text, icons and favourites.

FWIW no-one is allowed to tamper with the executable or associtated DLLs which make IE function.  They can add plug-ins but they are always optional and shouldn't cause any issues with IE11 in itself.

Expert
Message 24 of 26

thank you gg30340 and pottyperson.

(Roughly translated, they say that they think I'm wonderful for putting up with their ribbing and that Wales will beat England by six points at Twickers. Smiley Tongue)

Thank you also het_uk.

Which still leaves this thread's author up the Swanee without a paddle i.e. no further on in his quest to discover what's happening with BT/IE11!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

@Taffy078 wrote:

thank you gg30340 and pottyperson.

(Roughly translated, they say that they think I'm wonderful for putting up with their ribbing and that Wales will beat England by six points at Twickers. Smiley Tongue)

Thank you also het_uk.

Which still leaves this thread's author up the Swanee without a paddle i.e. no further on in his quest to discover what's happening with BT/IE11!

Hmm, not quite what Google translate says, but of course that could be wrong. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 26 of 26

I am being offered the BT IE download now: http://home.bt.com/pages/software/browser/

However my advice, as I previously mentioned, is to get it from Windows Updates or from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/download-ie

Or perhaps even better use Google Chrome which unlike IE doesn't prevent older Windows which are still supported getting the latest browser versions.

Oliver.
0 Ratings