cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

New Mobile Phone Has Not Arrived But Email Received Confirming it Dispatched - Bad Start For BT

Go to solution

I ordered a new phone and SIM which should have been delivered yesterday, according to the very clear information provided in the emails from BT confirming the order date, the start date of the agreement (when I start paying), the delivery address and an email confirmation the kit was on its way. 

I ordered the phone 05 July - BT's web site states the item will be delivered the following day if the order was made before 4pm. This seemed very good and fitted in perfectly with my requirement's. My wife is recovering from a very serious illness and needs a phone.

I stayed in all day 06 July and nothing arrived. Well I thought it was to good to be true so waited until this afternoon (07 July) to follow things up with BT. I eventually found a free phone number in the emails (the only number) so I called it. It seemed to be a technical help number not a customer service number. The guy did his best to help. In fact I was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes while he spoke with multiple people trying to find out what happened to the order. 

Here is the confusing thing - He wanted to know where the phone was to be delivered, but the address was clearly stated in the BT confirmation email - why didn't he know that?. He went away to speak with someone else. The result is the phone has not been dispatched - but the emails I've received said it was on its way! He then confirmed the phone would not arrive for two working days which means it will not arrive until next week as tomorrow is Friday. What has happened to to the statement on the BT Web Site which states if ordered before 4pm you will receive the phone the next day (the site may refer to working day but that is irrelevant in this case as tomorrow is a working day). The fact it's going to take a minimum of six day before we expect to see the phone delivered. This is very poor service and I'm now concerned that I've made a poor choice in BT, when I could have gone to any high street and walked away with a new phone and with it also set up with all contacts etc. by the sales person.

I then mentioned that the confirmation emails states I will start paying for the service from the expected delivery date. He said this will not changes as it is within the terms and conditions. So I will be paying for a phone that I was promised the next day but will not arrive for six days - can this be right?

Has anyone else suffered with this experience?

If this is the typical service I think I may be cancelling. BTW I mentioned I may cancel over the phone the response was no problem because the phone had not been dispatched yet. Maybe BT needs a dedicated customer service line!

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: New Mobile Phone Has Not Arrived But Email Received Confirming it Dispatched - Bad Start For BT

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 19

Re: New Mobile Phone Has Not Arrived But Email Received Confirming it Dispatched - Bad Start For BT

Go to solution

@countrymanb I'm really sorry about the delivery delay with our new Phone. I appreciate this is not acceptable and will be happy to raise this issue with the Mobile team.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your order details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi NeilO

This morning I've recieved to emails telling me that I have cancelled my contract which I have NOT. Do you know why BT would do this. Can you look in to it for me please.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@countrymanb It's possible the orders team have cancelled the original order so they can replace it on the system. You'll need to send over your details using the contact the mods link that I mentioned yesterday so we can look into that for you. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I did that yesterday shall I do it again?

Just spoken with someone in Swansea and he told me that BT have had issue sending out orders so they have cancelled them all, not just mine, and new orders have been made. Unfortunately my new order has an issue with it too.

Just to let you know I received two emails telling me my orders have been cancelled but no emails indicating a new order has been made. Hope you can understand my confusion and concern.

Regards.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@countrymanb I checked again and can see your details are in our email queue. It looks like a typo was made when you entered your username yesterday so it didn't appear when I searched it earlier. 

0 Ratings
MrsDobson
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

This has happened to me too. I'm hoping it will come soon as i currently have no mobile contact number 😞 i'm waiting for someone to call me on that number and it's the only one i gave them - doh!

countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@MrsDobson @NeilOTry messaging the modorator NeilO see above. he may be able to help you.

0 Ratings
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

NeilO

I thought I would give you a quick update.

I received a text message this morning at 09:15hrs confirming the first order has been cancelled and a new one made. It also states I would receive an email shortly with the confirmation. This has not arrived the time now is 17:35hrs.

This is not giving me much confidence the delivery problem has been solved. As I have no information as to when I expect a delivery or a confirmation email / pack.

Regards,

0 Ratings