cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigGeordie1967
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: New Mobile Phone Has Not Arrived But Email Received Confirming it Dispatched - Bad Start For BT

Go to solution

I am in the same boat, Ordered Wednesday 6th in the afternoon got told it would be delivered on the 8th Friday got up in the morning checked the tracking and it says order cancelled. I phone customer service's got passed around to 5 diffrent people only to be told "Don't worry your order is still going through, we have a problem with our ordering system and all orders will be sorted soon". No good to me as I do not know when the hell it is going to be delivered.

countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Re: New Mobile Phone Has Not Arrived But Email Received Confirming it Dispatched - Bad Start For BT

Go to solution

I agree with you its no good for me either. The phone is for my wife who is recovering from a serious illness and needs a phone. She cannot make calls from her existing phone now as the credit pack has ended, so basically does not have a phone anymore. BT have let us down with no official explanation, no time scales as to when a phone will be delivered. They should be informing us that they are sorry and providing something in recompense. BT should also remove/update there ordering information because informing their customers that phones will be delivered the next day, if ordered before 4pm is clearly a legal misrepresentation and false advertising.  

I've just looked at the tracking details in my account & it tells me two orders have been made one on 7th and one 8th July but I made my order 5th July. If I view my account it confirms the order was made on 5th. Since making the order BT's offer (pay 6 months at a reduced rate)  that was on the phone has ended. It will be interesting to see if BT has got this right if and when anything gets delivered. 

If we do not have a phone up and running on Monday then we shall consider going elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
BigGeordie1967
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Coountrymanb I hope your wife gets her phone sorted soon. I previousley only had the sim only contract but that ran out a while ago my phone was playing up so I thought why not order one from BT. Well its just a waiting game now to see if it turns up if it hasn't turned up by Wednesday I think I may go else where for a contract. This is the first time I have been let down by BT over the 6 years I have been with them, the only upset I had was ringing them Friday morning and having to be passed around 5 diffrent people to get an answer about the whereabouts of my mobile which took nearly an hour on the phone.

countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

From reviewing the comments in other threads there seems to be a problem activating the new sim cards. So I'm assuming even if the the phone had arrived today it would be useless. Which is why I've already stated if the phone is not delivered, up and running by Monday, I shall go elsewhere.

I went to Curry's this morning and while in the store was approached by the rep from Carphone Warehouse. Obviously the situation came up and he invited me to make a call to BT, from his desk, cancel and order take two phones from them. (I actually want a new phone as well but BT wont let you order two at the same time).  Anyway I put him off because of brand loyalty as we are existing customers of BT and have Broadband and a land line. In hindsight we should have taken his offer as it was a quick solution. So now we are now considering cancelling everything and going with another provider, once we have done some research.

I wander if Libby Barr Managing Director, Customer Care knows whats going on after all she signs the emails with the misleading information, as if she had personally sent them out personally?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @countrymanb,

If you'd like our help with this please click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It will take us a few days to pick it up though.

Our order chat team should be able to track your delivery. You can reach them at Get help with an order.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Hi DanielS - the contact the mods link is not available under your user name. I can see it under NeilO's user name. Can i use that? is it the same link?
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @countrymanb,

It's the same link so you can use it under Neil's. It should be available to you under mine now too.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
countrymanb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Latest Update - Still know pone delivered, still no email form BT with any information on the delivery of the phone or Sim Card. This tells me we are not going to get the mobile anytime soon.

I had a phone call from BT on Saturday morning and they told me that BT had a major problem with all their ordering systems country wide. The BT systems had failed and all phone orders had to be cancelled on the system and then re-ordered. This did not work so now all orders were being manually processed. I was told on the phone that there were still 300 more orders to be processed and they had no idea how long this would take. 

My assumption is the system failure is also effecting the Sim card activation as it is probably all part of the same automated process which has totaly failed.

I have asked for a date for the delivery of the phone and Sim card but this still this cannot be provided by BT. For a company as high profile as BT this has to be a public relations disaster. BT should be up front with there customers and tell them what is happening! Keeping it a secret is not what the customers deserve.

0 Ratings
Lauraa1
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
I'm having the very same problem.
I'm already a customer with bt for 3 SIM cards. I then orderd to mobile phone! Got my email the order confinastion email telling my my phones will be deliverd today. But when I click into track parcel it still said that it's no even been dissoatched yet. I spoke to someone on the phone and they also told me it would be deliverd. I don't think the customer service is very good.
0 Ratings