Was wondering if anyone had experienced this before- I decided to "upgrade" my router from my old BT home hub that has numerous cracks/wounds on it from bouncing off my floor over the years to a new Netgear N300 wireless router. I was able to install it ok and have checked all the connection settings incl for wireless use which seem to be correct and as recommended. I live a long way from exchange and my usual speed is **bleep** anyway (0.5mps) but with the new netgear router it can now take several minutes just to load a webpage (ie it is un-usable) and this was when it is directly connected to my computer. It would be intended to be used wirelessly but speeds where even worse when I tried it wirelessly. I am preparing to take it back to store but wondered if there was a reason for it as thankfully by old BT hub still works but it cant go on forever!!!
can you post any adsl stats from your netgear - used to be router status and then statistics at the bottom but may have chnaged in new netgear
I have the same router, my best guess is mine is faulty so I have gone back to my Netgear DG348G. Pretty bad isn't it for an expensive router, unless of course it is not compatible with adsl and only adsl+2.
netgear should be backward compatible so adslmax should not be a problem
need to post more stats from your router - is there not 'show statistics' at the bottom of router status or similar