Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruceperry24
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New Netgear Router slowed broadband speed

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had experienced this before- I decided to "upgrade" my router from my old BT home hub that has numerous cracks/wounds on it from bouncing off my floor over the years to a new Netgear N300 wireless router. I was able to install it ok and have checked all the connection settings incl for wireless use which seem to be correct and as recommended. I live a long way from exchange and my usual speed is **bleep** anyway (0.5mps) but with the new netgear router it can now take several minutes just to load a webpage (ie it is un-usable) and this was when it is directly connected to my computer. It would be intended to be used wirelessly but speeds where even worse when I tried it wirelessly. I am preparing to take it back to store but wondered if there was a reason for it as thankfully by old BT hub still works but it cant go on forever!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Netgear Router slowed broadband speed

can you post any adsl stats from your netgear - used to be router status and then statistics at the bottom but may have chnaged in new netgear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
motorbike987
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I have the same router, my best guess is mine is faulty so I have gone back to my Netgear DG348G. Pretty bad isn't it for an expensive router, unless of course it is not compatible with adsl and only adsl+2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

netgear should be backward compatible so adslmax should not be a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bruceperry24
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

My downstream stats are - speed 224 kps, line attenuation 63.5db and noise margin 11.9db.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

need to post more stats from your router - is there not 'show statistics' at the bottom of router status or similar

0 Ratings