Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcintyro
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

New Order - Nothing with BT is easy?

Hi,

I am in the process of puchasing a property.  The existing occupent has a phone line but no broadband and is moving to a house within the same exchange.  The lady is taking her existing number her with her which will swap to her new home on the 24th November.

I am trying to take advantage of a broadband deal (Black Friday) and will need a new number for the house we are buying once the lady has moved out.  The exchange is fibre enabled.  If I run the checker based on her existing number I can get Infinity1 at about 22-26Mbits.  Good!

However, when I complete the online order process I select my Inifinity1 package - Unlimited at 52Mbits speed, add my options and opt to purchase the set of 4 BT cordless nuissance call blocking phones etc - I get to the question about existing phone number - I say no, I will need a new phone service provisioned at the property (remember the lady is taking her existing number with her when she moves), I add the postcode and then select the property from the list.  The system goes off to do the checks then decides to bump my package from Infinity 1 back to Copper ADSL saying "We're sorry, but you can't get BT Infinity at the moment because of where you live. But here are some other great broadband deals you can definitely have."

I know that information to be false as when I do the check with the existing number the lady at the house currently has, it confirms that Infinity1 is available.  I have tried calling BT and get a different story....the lady last night told me that a new order would not be accepted as there is a disconnect and move on the line and this is my issue - I disagree with her as the online process would allow me the submit a ADSL order + phone service for this address - but not the Infinity package that I need.

I tried again to night - this time from the lady's house that I am buying with her there.  I was told the issue will resolve once the existing move order is complete - again I doubt that as the online system will allow me to order ADSL + Phone line - just not the infinity that is available at that address.

Not sure what to do now - BT...why is nothing ever simple with you?!

Thanks

Ross

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: New Order - Nothing with BT is easy?

Have you checked the dsl checker,  it could be that the cabinet is full and on waiting list status for fibre.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com

if the lady is on bt already put her number in, if she is with not with bt use the address checker link. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@mcintyro

Its more likely that the cabinet is full.

mcintyro
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

@JohnC2 this is the other item we talked about on the phone.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 12

Hi @mcintyro Sorry you are still having an issue with the order. Please can you post the information from https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ as this could be reason that you cannot order Infinity if the cabinet is full.

Cheers

john

0 Ratings
mcintyro
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 12

Hi @mcintyro Thanks for taking my call earlier and I will look into why the order is not able to be placed for Infinity and get back to you tomorrow.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
mcintyro
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

More example of the ridiculous systems and processes in place at BT....I do appreciate the care of @JohnC2 however he is beaten and I am exasperated.

My order based on the black friday deal for Infinity + a new connection in the new house is being bumped to ADSL because.....Openreach do not have a network record of a line at the address of the property I am moving to!!  This is despite the existing occupent having a BT line and number and receiving and paying for BT bills at this address for the past 10 to 15 years.  BT have even accepted her "home move process" to take her number to her new house on the same exchange.

This will leave the infrastructure I need for my service but it cannot be infinity as this is a "Ghost" infrastructure/line according to Openreach records.  Of course we cannot tell Openreach there is an error in their records and nothing can be done by the existing occupent as they have an open order on their line to move house.

So unlucky me can do nothing (again) apart from fume at the horrible customer service and process complexity in place between BT and Openreach.  I have to place a new order and allow it to be downgraded to ADSL + Line and then do the infinity upgrade later - of course me as a loyal and lucky BT customer will miss out the Infinity Black Friday deal and be left paying the lovely BT more of my hard earned money.  Crazy!

0 Ratings
mcintyro
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

@JohnC2I have very reluctantly ordered the ADSL Service so I can hop to  Infintiy when Openreach sort out their record mess.  I sincerely hope that BT are going to offer me the black friday rate on Infinity given I should have been able to place my order and take advantage of the currenty Black Friday Offer.

Ross

0 Ratings