cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grumpyman1975
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New Package Chaos!

On the 14th September I decided to take up the offer from BT to buy me out of my SKY package, so I phoned and arranged for BT's top fibre broadband and the top telephone package, I specified that I wanted my telephone number kept, gave over all the information and the call operator even queried my address saying my telephone number wasnt coming up at the address, I said there are2 telephone lines into the house and this is MY number, the one I want transferring over....and then gave it again, with him also confirming the details to me. The order was placed and I was told about all the emails I would receive prior to going live............Live date for the telephone was 23rd sept and live date for the broadband was 24th sept. By the 24th I was still connected to SKY broadband and presumed my home number was now with BT........I then realised I had received a very long text message on the 23rd and within that long message it stated 'This is your new telephone number......' after also realising that my broadband wasnt changed either, I called to complain and spent over an hour trying to explain the whole situation to the Indian call centre.....they were not understanding that:   At my address, there are 2 telephone lines and 2 broadband providers (my mother and me, both with different providers) BT had just assumed that my mothers line and broadband was the one to transferred but they even gave her a brand new telephone number!! She has had that number for 20 years! I was then told after an hour and a half that I would have to contact my mothers provider and try to get the services re-instated.....but they could certainly help me get set up and transferred on the correct number now!! (I'm sure you are still interest in taking my money) 

So, today, the 25th, my mother is left without her 20 year old telephone number, i'm having to spend ages of my time trying to get her original company to re-instate her service and not charge her the termination fee they will send. Plus I am still trying to sort out this almighty mess-up with my order because BT have my bank details and are going to start taking money for a service that I dont even have.

I have no faith at all that my order will be rectified, let alone be given any compensation for the stress and hassle this has posed. BT make it nigh on impossible to make a proper complaint and if nothing gets sorted, you have to go through the entire process with the Ombudsmen. I'm supposed to be getting a callback today to tell me if they can fastrack my order as a gesture of goodwill........of course! They want my money but are prepared to do nothing in sorting my mothers situation out. People should be penalised for this......the guy who took the original order sits at his comfy desk, taking call after call, getting paid......after doing an horrendous and incompetetant job!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Package Chaos!

only people on forum that can help are forum mods who are BT employees  they will post on here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Package Chaos!

Hi grumpyman1975,

I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings