cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MYDD2012
Message 1 of 3

New Shareholder connection - how do I upgrade to infinity??

Hello BT are driving me mad I hope someone out there can help.

Firstly I am a BT Shareholder -  (I'm not a big fish, I inherited 50 shares a few year ago) I signed up for this package £21/month unlimited usage/wi fi/calls/free infinity upgrade. I placed the order online as it is an online only offer. 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27858&s_cid=con_FURL_...

After placing my order I called BT, it took a while, eventually I got through to someone who said to get the Infinity upgrade I has to contact them after my regular broadand was up and running to arrange an appointmemt for the infinity to be set up. I was on the phone for 2 hours over two days, from my mobile it cost me a fortune I was constantly passed from one person to another to to call this/that number, cut off..etc

I emailed BT through the contact section of their website to be told I can have infinity option1 (£21/month 40g limit + £50 activation charge). I said no this was not the offer I applied for I sent the customer service person the above link, her reply was to tell me I should place an order through the link I had sent her.

I've just replyed saying that seems pointless as I did that at the start of the month and am simply trying to activate the offer I'm already paying for.

BT customer support cannot help with shareholder offers, BT share holder line wants me to sell my shares or buy a phone hand set off them. How on earth do I contact someone who can deal with shareholder offers???

Help most gratefully received.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Shareholder connection - how do I upgrade to infinity??

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
MYDD2012
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Shareholder connection - how do I upgrade to infinity??

Thanks but the people on the other end of that line -  who I am currently emailing - cannot do anything as it is a BTShareholder offer and therefore is ring fenced and they are not allowed/able to help me.

0 Ratings