Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 32

New Software update for BT YouView+ Ultra HD boxes

Hi Everyone,

I have just received word about an imminent software update on all BT YouView Ulta HD boxes.

A new software update is being rolled out to BT YouView+ Ultra HD box customers. You will receive this update automatically overnight tonight, all you need to do is leave your box on standby.

The new version will show as H21.80.0 for the YouView+ Ultra HD box.

The release is purely some general improvements rather than adding any new functionality.

Cheers

Sean

Edit *correcting mistake - added extra digit to software version* Edit

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
KernowChris
Expert
Message 2 of 32

Re: New Software update for BT YouView+ Ultra HD boxes

Lets hope the increasingly prevolent audio crash issue is resolved by this release. It's even happening in programmes now. If not I suspect general annoyance will surface again. 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 32

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one...maybe slightly better but certainly not fixed from what I have experienced. Would be interested to see what you think.
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 4 of 32

Interesting that this update can be shipped out instantly to the whole installed base, but its over 5 weeks now that V22.17 has been trucking along ...

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 32

No. This doesn't include all the fixes in version 22 software (sound glitch fix, new smart eco mode etc). This is a small set of improvements but still based on the version 21 software (I have complained about this already 🙂 )
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 32

How ironic that you thought me 'lucky' last month for having a G4 and being eligible for V22 ... still waiting for the 'roll out' to complete !
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 32

Nothing has changed...I am still jealous that you are waiting for the V22 software where it is still nowhere in sight for the G5 boxes..
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 32

I assume that the version 22 updates that are going on BT boxes are the same builds that Youview have already made available for similar speced Humax retail boxes.  Given that version 22 appears to  include some signifiant changes to how on demand players  content can be  managed over a SCART output and the BT Ultra HD boxes does not have  a SCART output then it is probable  that there have to be a different version created for it.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 32

What are the scart changes. I thought it was just itv on demand that initially included protection but then changed thier mind... 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 32

Just watched walking dead on new software and sound was very glitchy still..

0 Ratings