cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 211 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

just done another glasnost test  , things are looking up although it was awireless test

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads. However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

*There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 935 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 925 Kbps.

*There is no indication that your ISP rate limits uploads on port 6881 or 39541. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 920 Kbps while uploads on port 39541 achieved up to 925 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads. However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

*There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 18134 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 16875 Kbps.

*There is no indication that your ISP rate limits downloads on port 6881 or 39541. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 21461 Kbps while downloads on port 39541 achieved up to 16875 Kbps.

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 212 of 329

There is no point doing this test until peak times in the evening or weekend. That's when the throttle kicks in.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 213 of 329

@Arthur-Hucksake wrote:

There is no point doing this test until peak times in the evening or weekend. That's when the throttle kicks in.

During the day the upload is throttled, so you can check anytime to see if it has been lifted.

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 214 of 329

I removed image for now, will check with mods first if allowed.

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 215 of 329

ran the test 3 times earlier today and all 3 times upload was throttled . last time i did it it wasnt so in my mind there must have been a change made

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 216 of 329

Hi guys,

Just to clarify a few things that have come up on the thread:

We remove the P2P restrictions from customers' profiles when they upgrade or re-contract to new Totally Unlimited Broadband - typically it will take five working days for restrictions to be removed after these customers have placed their order.

Hope this helps. Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 217 of 329

well that seems to have sorted that out Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
carvell
Contributor
Message 218 of 329

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

Woop!

I, for one, have no complaints.  The 'recontract' was seamless and it's clearly worked.

BT didn't have to remove the p2p block, and regardless of what they did I'm sure there will always be somebody who will manage to find some misplaced grammar in a BT email or something to complain about.

So yeah, I'm very glad I'm with BT!

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 219 of 329

Mine is the same as yours m8, I have posted on another thread, I have done three tests so far and one at 6.40p.m. and all the same results, looking good BT, I am now in broadband heaven!.:)

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 220 of 329

My speed restrictions appear to have been lifted but still no 50 gigs of cloud space. 

0 Ratings