cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rycott50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

New User - Fibre Speed much slower than predicted

I've just had Faster Total Broadband Option 3 with fibre fitted. I was given an anticipated download speed of 10 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 2 Mbps. I have just carried out a speed test a couple of days after installation and I'm only getting an upload of 3 Mbps and a download of 0.5 Mbps.

Is there anyway of getting an engineer to work on my line to achieve speeds nearer to those I expected? I understand that my line is connected to a cabinet that is actually the second closest one to me - is there anyway of getting it moved to the closest cabinet? Is there any chance the speed will improve in the next few days or should I contact BT straight away. Any advice much appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New User - Fibre Speed much slower than predicted

you are unlikely to get get a cabinet change otherwise eveyone would want to be connected to another cabinet.  if your connection is having problems then you need to contact CS India  08001114567

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: New User - Fibre Speed much slower than predicted

you are also in a 10 day line training period so until that is completed nothing can be done by BT
0 Ratings