Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imposter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New Vision+ Box

Hi,

After several years of (fairly) reliable service, I've taken the plunge and swopped my silver vision box for a new Vision+ box with viewing card so that I can watch the sport.

I'm finding that the Vision+ box freezes when scrolling through channel lists, and has randomly restarted several times. How do I check whether the box is running the latest middleware ? In the settings area it says that I have:

4.64.4 Rev.1.256 Build 243190 Jan 11 2013 - is this the latest ? If not, how can I update it ?

Also on the programme guide I can see channel 57 displayed twice, both channels titled BT sport. I can receive BT Sport 1 & 2 on channels 58 & 59, but ESPN on channel 34 won't work. I'm not in an Infinity area and receive all channels via freeview.

In the TV settings the ability to select 1080i output seems to be missing - only 720p is available. Is this correct ?

Any replies/advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Vision+ Box

ESPN won't work unless you're receiving the channels via broadband over Infinity - unfortunately the only way you'll be able to watch ESPN is online.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

I have a 256 box, same as you. You are on the older build BT Vision Release 7.0.7. I have been updated twice since, now on 7.2.3 multicast build. The option for 1080i is also now available in the settings. As you're not on Infinity it seems unlikely you will get the multicast build, whether this will affect any future updates for you I don't know. Somebody else here may have the answer.

0 Ratings
Imposter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the replies. Just did a full reset on the box (losing recordings etc) and it is still showing same middleware version and channel 57 appearing twice. Hate this new Vision+ box interface. Old silver box was better.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Hunter2660 wrote:

I have a 256 box, same as you. You are on the older build BT Vision Release 7.0.7. I have been updated twice since, now on 7.2.3 multicast build. The option for 1080i is also now available in the settings. As you're not on Infinity it seems unlikely you will get the multicast build, whether this will affect any future updates for you I don't know. Somebody else here may have the answer.

I think the Jan 11 is pre 7.0.7.

Like you I have upgraded my 256 box to multicast now but I think for the 256 box (model Pace_DiT7431_05_1) it went like this for the non-multicast releases (corrections welcome).

BT Vision Release   (not available)
Middleware Version No.  4.64.4 rev.1 256 Build 243190 Jan 11 2013

BT Vision Release   7.0.7
Middleware Version No.  4.67.1 rev.1 256 Build 263143 Feb 22 2013
See, http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Middleware-version-number/m-p/936486/highlight/true#M51014

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@Imposter wrote:

After several years of (fairly) reliable service, I've taken the plunge and swopped my silver vision box for a new Vision+ box with viewing card so that I can watch the sport.

Imposter,

Did you pay £49 for the upgrade or was it a free replacement? Are you aware that you have been sent the oldest model of black BT Vision+ box (about 3 years old)?

0 Ratings