Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 117

New Yahoo e-mail screens

I appear to be getting a new Yahoo e-mail screen

Trouble is it seems to be confusing my graphics card in my laptop

keeps going to the bottom of the screen of every folder.

also do not like the ads keep popping up

0 Ratings
116 REPLIES 116
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 117

Re: New Yahoo e-mail screens

Me too. It just happened as I opened another page on top of my emails instead of opening a new tab. When I clicked back I got this new screen. It's horrible. A great big fat ad right at the top of my inbox which won't go away.

Any way of getting back to the old screen?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 117

I can not tell you how angry I am at the stress you have given me tonight after a drive home through 50 miles of roadworks and diversions (just settimg the scene)

I have one e-mail to reply to on yoru new interface - you have removed the tab system (and the tab thing under settings does nothing) so that I can no longer switch between the e-mail I'm writing and the one I'm replying to. You have moved the formatting bar to the bottom of the screen - WHY? What kind of idiot designer decides to do that - to take a layout familier to all of us and hide it in a completely different place - I'm (almost) speechless  thank god you're not in charge of designing cars, you'd put the steering wheel in the boot. I thought I'd replied to the e-mail, though I had to keep switching between inbox and drafts to do that - only to find that the reply I'd composed I'd actually sent to myself. I've ended up fowarding the e-mail to my g-mail account so I can reply to it.

You Are The Most Expensive Provider In The UK - How Dare you treat your customers like this.

Marshal B Anderson

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 117

And now I know where you got your design ideas from - your e-mail client is now as bad as gmail
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 117

Just noticed the changes and in particular that now advertisements are spattered everywhere, including at the very top of my emails which is extremely annoying.

Yahoo are stating that these can be removed for an outrageous annual fee.

Fortunately since I use Firefox as my main browser I have found there is an addon available called 'Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel' that completely gets rid of these very annoying ads for free.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 117

Marshal,

I can understand your frustration. I'm sitting at my computer crying. I have even composed an email telling all my contacts to switch to contacting me through my gmail address - this is worse than gmail!

It's the ad at the top that's bothering me the most...every time it changes I think I've got a new email & click on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 117

BillCubbin,

Thank you for that useful bit of info. I am now ad free!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 117

There you go BT. you have one user apoplectic with rage and another in tears - what part of your mission statement is that fulfilling?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 117

ok - fellow sufferers - you CAN switch tabs back on, but not in settings - the button in there seems to do nothing. BUT, top right of the posts list is a dropdown menu called View - if you switch tabs on there, the come back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 117

The recent changes to the webmail interface were introduced by Yahoo! and were out of BT's hands (says he, standing by to be accused of being a BT apologist). In the long run though it's academic as all BT customers will eventually be migrated to the new BT Mail, thus acquiring another whole new interface to gripe about. (That process is currently on hold and it's touch and go which will arrive first, BT Mail or the new millennium.)

In the short run, all these issues can easily be overcome by using an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. I know that some people have a particular reason for using webmail, but the majority would be much better off with an email client. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.