Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 117

Re: New Yahoo e-mail screens

Ditto to licquorice's post. Those of us who advise an email client are exclusively fellow customers; I can't recall any such advice from BT sources. Hardly a cop out then.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 117

This is absolutely awful - I have a mail client in Outlook but it keeps crashing as I have let too much mail accumulate in the btyahoo system - my fault I know

Now that I pay for BtYahoo mail I was a little annoyed to be given a refirmatted screen which now has a big space full of ads whch I can pay to remove. Ok so I have removed the ads with adblock but there is now a big chunk of the screen that is now blank  (the space where the ads would be)

Does anyone know how to recover this full screen as everyting is now bunched up

BT and / or Yahoo - this is an absolute example of how to really screw customer service up... I'm quite glad this has happend as I was thinking of moving back to BT but this has reminded me of the reason why I shifted my and my busineses custom elsewhere

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 117

Ditto to the majority of the other posters regarding this issue.

I fully appreciate you and licquorice advise an email client, in my case I took on the suggestion from either your or some other poster some weeks ago to use Thunderbird.  However from a personal choice I much preferred using the interface with the BT Yahoo than Thunderbird. I also download certain of my emails to my PC using Windows mail which I also find great as an interface to receive and send emails.

The cop out that I was referring to wasn't directed at individuals on this Forum but rather than to BT Yahoo who changed  to a differnt interface layout which to my mind is a complete shambles compared to the version which hitherto was quite acceptable and importantly it worked.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 24 of 117

Hi Guru - I'm not clear how you know what the inventors of e-mail intended back at ARPANET and why we should stick to it anyway - I don't expect the inventor of the word processor ever envisaged Googledocs or whoever dreamed up 'Keep Calm And Carry On' back in WW2 had any idea their slogan would become such an irritating part of 21st Century culture - gotta move with the times, daddy-o 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 117

I've been using email since well before the www was even thought about. 😊 I'm afraid I don't see webmail as moving forward, more a backwards step. Ymmv.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 117

Sorry but debating if webmail is the way forward or not is irrelevant to this issue. The issue revolves around the fact that we had a service that for our own individual reasons we relied upon, provided by a company who most of us pay for the service and that this service has been degraded without consultation or notification.

It is a very poor reflection upon BT and Yahoo and is not the way to run a business or foster a closer and long lasting relationship with the customer

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 117

I prefer web mail as it can be picked up when I am out and about and cannot or would not wish to have my mail on someone elses PC. The excuses that BT has no control does not wash as allthough they use Yahoo I am sure that Yahoo does not do it for free and BT pays them. If BT pays they have some control.

No what BT have done is forgotten that they are a communictions company and ventured into sport films etc which can be obtained elsewhere anyway.

They should drop all the junk and concentrate on communications.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 117

Exactlty the point most of us are making regarding the changed interface.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 117

As an aside where do you find spell checker on the new BT Yahool interface?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 117

@Bob1001 wrote:

I prefer web mail as it can be picked up when I am out and about and cannot or would not wish to have my mail on someone elses PC.

There are ways round that - even as an email client obsessive I'm not above visiting webmail when away from home without my main laptop and catching up later. And there's always IMAP for those in greater need.

It looks like the debate in principle has hit a brick wall. The webmail users will carry on swearing whenever need their email; I'll carry on managing with a single click on my taskbar.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.