cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 117

Re: New Yahoo e-mail screens

I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but.....I logged onto my email this morning, and the new interface is horrendous. When I look at my inbox, they're categorised emails as me, recipient etc...the fonts etc are at the bottom...totally regressive...totally confusing...functionality broken.

The functionality for writing a reply on this forum is so much better....no wonder yahoo lost out as a search engine and I predict their email service will now sink without a trace...It must be run by morons

Can't beleive someone thought this was a good idea and someone else got paid to come up with it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 117

I fully agree, this happened to me in February of this year! its not good!! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 117

As pp has said, there is an extremely simple solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 117

I have a particular reason for using webmail..but there a re a number of things that don't make sense...the toolbar at the bottom? You wouldn't use a new version of Word if the taskbar was at the bottom.

And now you have a Spam email greeting you everytime you open your inbox...great!!

What about "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 117

PP's point is valid up to, well, a point. Two things.

1) I think lots of us use webmail these days becasue we access our mail in different places from different devices so need it to be availabel in that way.

2) BT seem to have been promising us the new mail client now for years (it feels like years - is it years?) and there's still no sign of it.

Marshal (mellowing now he's managed to fix most of the mess thay made, but still hating them as much)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 117

@Marshal wrote:

1) I think lots of us use webmail these days becasue we access our mail in different places from different devices so need it to be availabel in that way. Wouldn't IMAP solve that?

2) BT seem to have been promising us the new mail client now for years (it feels like years - is it years?) and there's still no sign of it. Migration to the new BT Mail (not an email client) is on hold. The feedback of many webmail adherents suggests that the interface offers little or no improvement over the Yahoo! product anyway. As a Thunderbird (email client) user I'd say it's no better or no worse in use - the interface is as good as ever, still no adverts, still no sign-in problems, security continues to be better.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 117

I googled "Horrible new BT Email" and I found this forum post 🙂 I'm glad it wasn't just me that's not happy. I switched tabs back on that's better. I don't like when replying to an email you get a blank box below your email message. I guess I'll have to get used to it. I've had my binternet address for 10yrs+ and seen many different webmail versions. This is not my favourite, the themes seem useless all look nasty and the translucent ones you can't read the text easily. Out of all the webmail versions the one before this was pretty good, I quite liked it, shame!

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 117

This just appeared on my computer in 20 minutes I was away - in the process losing a draft entirely full of hours of work that the message just said was no longer available - even though it was saved under the old system when I left my deskl!

If this 'error' had happened to get a better e mail interface in exchange I might have said - oh well. But to find the new useless, hard to read and pointlessly changed e mail format with an ad in the place where it was clearly put to make you press it by accident thinking it is your first new post. This just makes me really furious.

BT - if you are trying to lose customers - congratulations - give whoever is behind this a big bonus as they will have ensured you have lost thousands more.  Inexcusable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 117

Based on advice from this Forum to an unrelated query posed by me a short while ago I have started to use Thunderbird but much prefer using the BY Yahoo web based access to my emails, that is until today when like everyone else has said it is quite horrible. It is a cop out to suggest we should use Thunderbird or similar to access our server emails, the problem is at source with Yahoo in providing an interface which at the moment is quite incomprehensible to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 117

Sorry, but I genuinely do not understand this love of web mail. Mail was never intended to be collected via a web browser and is just a golden opportunity for ISP's to bombard people with ads and trackers.