cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 117

Re: New Yahoo e-mail screens

I'm open to having this via a client and am currently downloading it all to outlook, how does Imap work please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 117

There's an interesting-looking explanation of POP and IMAP (and of clients v webmail!) here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 117

I suppose the easy answer is to use firefox as this does not seem to be infected by adverts at least if it is the existing add blockers I have take them all out including the top line ones that look like emails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 117

As I will keep repeating until I'm blue in the face, the easy answer is the right tool for the job, a proper mail client. The interface will NOT change regardless of what mail system bt employ.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 117

And as I keep saying there are many of us who do not want to use email clients and have the not unreasonable expectation that the package supplied by BT works and does not plague us with too many adverts.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 117

I guess we will just have to agree to differ, I would only use webmail if there was absolutely no alternative.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 37 of 117

As suggested by experts, because I'm fed up with the new BT Yahoo system, I can't find mails I have sent!

So I'm trying out Thunderbird.

I have Exported my Contact list from BT Yahoo but where I have groups of names, where on BT I just enter the group name & all of the addresses in that group come up on the e mail, I can't get these to Export to Thunderbird.

Is there a way of doing this?

or

Can I reset up the groups in Thunderbird

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 117

Have a look through the Thunderbird Help pages.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 117

There are some tips here. In BT Mail you start by clicking Contacts then Actions > Export contacts. It will be something similar in BT Yahoo! Mail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 40 of 117

Thanks for your help, but reading through I can't see anywhere that you can set up a group of names in Thunderbird.

Within BT Yahoo you can create a "group"- give it a name & then add as many names as you like.

Then in future when sending a mail to this "group" you only have to type in the group name & all of the individual mail addresses are added to the mail you are to send.

Does this facility exist in Thunderbird?

If so how do I set up the "Groups"?

0 Ratings