cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 78

Re: New You've box and ultra HD coming

According to this page the hard-drive will indeed be 1TB.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-uhd

"Our best ever Youview+ box with up to 600 SD hours or 250 HD hrs of storage (1TB)"

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 22 of 78

I also agree with jam2000 that having the likes of Sky 1 and Sky Living will just push the price up per month.
So I to don't want the Sky channels.
A few more HD versions of the channels BT already offer would be fine.

Darren

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 78

The story from Broadcast is a pretty good source, however it could still be stating a BT aspiration rather than confirming any intention of Sky to actually sell Sky Sports HD to them. They are not exactly eager to sell their other sports channels to BT and unlike Sky Sports 1&2 there is nothing to compel them to sell the HD channels to BT.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 24 of 78

The WMO Ofcom ruling DOES cover HD channels. It's not been pressed previously. If Broadcast is correct, I presume it now is. 

The relevant passages are towards the end of this document

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/third_paytv/statement/paytv_statement.pdf

The only material difference in supply being that Sky's SD wholesale price for SS1 and SS2 is regulated, the HD is not and mutual agreement must be reached with reference to the licence terms. 

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 78

Or if you can't be bothered to read all that, try this...

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 26 of 78

The question we should be asking, is how much is this new box going to cost? As an out of contract BT Vision customer I cant even get a sniff of a Youview box without BT demanding £199 from me, so i'm not too hopeful. Maybe the release of this will coincide with BT phasing out the Vision+ platform?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 78

The Recombu web site has an article with a photo of a BT Youview+ Ultra HD box.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 78

Glad its the same size as the current G4 box.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 78

I can't say that I'm too fussed about 4k content really, I would rather they focus their energies and money on adding to the current line-up of HD channels, which is a bit lacking really. Off the top of my head, Channel 5, Dave, Alibi, Watch, Film 4 are all HD on other platforms, but not BT. Anyone know if these are likely to be offered anytime soon?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 78

Just thinking out loud here really... I have a 50" Sony Bravia, but it's regular 1080p HD, not Ultra or 4k HD. So, if I got a new UHD youview box when they come out, would I notice any improvement in picture quality? Is UHD down scaled to 1080p any better than native 1080p?
0 Ratings