cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

New account, no email - how difficult can it be !

Hi all,

New to BT Internet, thought a move would be good but doesn't seem that way at the moment.  Simply put, broadband connection OK but the account credentials given by BT (chosen at time of order) are not allowing access despite attempts to do a 'self-service' password reset.

Net result was, ring the help line.  After much huffing and puffing, the agent was unable to do a reset that worked.  Next was use of 'GoToMyPc' and the agent did a remote connection to the desktop.

Guess what - still couldn't get it to work and to add insult to injury, the account is now locked out for 12 hours and the agent syas they are unable to unlock it !!!

Priceless !!!

In the meantime, my previous ISP has shut the associated email account  and now all my messages are dissappearing I don't know where.

Come on BT - get your act together else you and I will be parting company very soon !!

Not happy.

Steve

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: New account, no email - how difficult can it be !

PS.  Agent promised to call back but never did 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

when was your activation date?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

8th March !!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

email accounts are only activated after bt broadband installed and then address can take couple days - have you tried again today?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Tried this morning - no change.  Not keen to attempt too many times as will lock the account for another 12 hours !

0 Ratings
proterra
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Why dont you get yourself your own domain like Ive just done.  www.domainname.co.uk or similar It was from 1and1.co.uk and cost about £12 for the year with 5 email accounts.

You also get a web page if you want it

The beauty of it is that whoever ISP I use my email address remains the same. hardest part was finding a domain I liked which was not taken.

0 Ratings
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I think you have missed the point that without authenticated credentials, not only do you forgo email access, you also do not have access to other services ie. BT FON either.

Of course, should there be an offering without these services at a lower cost !! - I would perhaps be in agreement.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Hi MapleCottage

You could contact the board mods using this link and completing the web form they are very good at sorting these sort of issues http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 it may take a couple of days as they are kept busu and all mails are dealt with in turn
0 Ratings
MapleCottage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

So.............now 3 days in, still no email.  😞

Contacted forum moderators ('forum.moderation.team@bt.com'), no response as yet. 😞 😞

0 Ratings