cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

New bill ,new contract ??

Go to solution

Hello, just a quick question for more ‘experienced’ BT customers.

I am currently on Unlimited Evening & Weekend calling plan and BB option 2.

Until 24th  October  I was receiving a refund of  £9.85 every month for BB ,but it has stopped  now. BT has not bothered to inform me about the price change at all. Just a larger bill for £20.50 per month since then.

Can I terminate my contract without any cost involved ? Has BT breached their  terms & conditions ? - The contract has been automatically renewed without my knowledge and a higher charge has been imposed on me. Or,  I have to pay  a cancellation fee etc. to say good by to BT ?

Am I still on the 12month contract  ??

Can you please advise.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New bill ,new contract ??

Go to solution

Its not actually been renewed, all that has happened is that you are now on a monthly rolling contract.

You can ring up customer options team on 0800 800 030, and re-negotiate a new contract at a lower cost, which is what most people do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Keith_Beddoe thank you for your quick replay.

You have mentioned a monthly rolling contract which is not exactly  12 months contract,so has BT put me on the new contract or not ? Nobody informed me (12months ago ) that when I get to the end of the agreement I would be charged much more.

I understand that at the moment I am not tied up for the next 12 months with a broadband service, so I could either negotiate new contract or leave BT without any charges ? Am I correct ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No, its not a contract as such, unless you have other services as part of the Multi Play Agreement.

See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=28235&pageTitl...

If there is nothing else that you have as part of your service, that are still in contract for, then you are free to transfer elsewhere.

If you do not use a MAC code, then you will be subject to a £30 disconnection fee.

Perhaps the term "rolling contract" is not quite correct.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

OFCOM have banned all telecom providers from operating automatically-renewing contracts.

When you contacted BT a year ago, you will have been offered a 12 month discount in return for a minimum 12 month contract.  Once that 12 months is up, you are still a BT customer until you decide to cancel.  However, the 12 month special offer has expired.

Now that your 12 month minimum period is up, you are on a rolling monthly contract, and can leave at any time if you wish.  Alternatively, contact BT to start a new 12 month special deal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the both answers.

As I am moving to Germany at the beginning of 2014 I would like not to be tight up with a 12months contract.

So goodbye BT.

0 Ratings