cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwatuk
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

New box?

What is this box that Argos are advertising?

newbox.jpg

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 2 of 24

Re: New box?

Since when did you need a satellite dish for youview?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 24

When it is delivered via a satellite instead of through an Ariel. …its called freesat.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 24

Aerial even....stupid predictive text... Lol
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 5 of 24

Q. What is this box that Argos are advertising?

A. Ugly.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Looks ugly as hell. If the Argos stated stats are correct and it only updcales to 1080i then it is a step backwards.

0 Ratings
gwatuk
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

@happyslayeruk wrote:

Looks ugly as hell. If the Argos stated stats are correct and it only updcales to 1080i then it is a step backwards.

I would take absolutely everything that Argos say with a large pinch of salt. Cat Wink

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 24

HaHa, I think they have well and truly messed up that description!

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 24

Assuming that is a correct picture then surely BT have just tried to make the box case match up with the BTHomeHub4 and BTHomeHub5, which doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to do. The interesting thing to know would be whether the internals are any different. It might explain why the current Youview box has just dropped £100 in price?

I agree that the Argos spec seems very strange though. It says it requires a satellite dish, but then mentions Freeview+ (surely that would be Freesat+). Also isn't the Freesat equivalent of Youview already in existence and called Freetime?

It would be great if it was a new Youview model that could accept both DTT and satellite feeds, but maybe that's a dream too far? Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
gwatuk
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

@umpire wrote:

...The interesting thing to know would be whether the internals are any different. It might explain why the current Youview box has just dropped £100 in price?

I agree that the Argos spec seems very strange though. It says it requires a satellite dish, but then mentions Freeview+ (surely that would be Freesat+). Also isn't the Freesat equivalent of Youview already in existence and called Freetime?

It would be great if it was a new Youview model that could accept both DTT and satellite feeds, but maybe that's a dream too far? Smiley LOL

The "internals" are definitey different. Apparently it is faster than the current Humax boxes.

The satellite reference is just Argos getting it wrong!

Cat Happy

0 Ratings