Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

New box

Hi guys 

My dog (43KG German shep) ripped my youview box to bits, he is helpful like that. 

I have had my BT subscription for around 18 months now, am I able to renew my contract for a further 12-18 months and get a new BT Youview box? I don't want to spend £180 for a new one. I tried going via support and they said I needed an engineer visit to asses the box, I tried to explain it was in 1000 bits and in the bin (I work in IT so am very aware of how dead it was, hdd chewed, circuits snapped and chewed all plastic outter layers chewed etc etc) but they insisted I would need an engineer visit, I don't know how I can explain to an engineer, "yeah mate its been at the local landfil since before christmas" so decided against that and thought I would ask the folk here

Ideas/suggestions/help

Cheers 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: New box

Have you tried Customer Options on 0800 800 030 yet?  It's a UK call centre (so normal hours only - not 24 hour), but you might get more sense out of them.  They might be able to put it through as some sort of upgrade, where you only pay a modest one-off delivery/connection fee for the box.

0 Ratings