cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

New broadband slow connection

Please help I've contacted BT numerous times regarding my new bt broadband speeds with just the usual "wait and see" responses I installed the hub on 23rd dec and waited three days for it to "settle down" after which I was getting downloads of 47 Kbps through ethernet after speaking to bt they told me to plug into test socket and wait another 3 days while profiles aligned at the exchange guess what I now get downloads of 60kbps even though bt say I'm getting 8.1"Meg's"????
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New broadband slow connection

you are in a 10 day line training period not 3 days that time period applies to fibre connnections just leave the connection alone and leave the hub powered up so the connection can train properly you may see disconnections during this time it is perfectly normal
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Ok thanks so it's normal to be getting such slow download speeds even though when bt test the line they say I'm getting 8meg this confused me as they say I'm getting 8mb and I'm only getting 60kbs it's not fluctuating just a constant 60kbs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

just leave connection alone and if the speed is still low after 10 days post back and then it can be investigated further
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Ok I guess I can wait 3 more days! Thanks.
0 Ratings