cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New build

Hello

Today i had an engineer out on site to connect my phone and broadband up. I have fiber to the pole and then i have a 4 inch duct running from the pole to my new house. At the min there is no copper or fiber cable in this duct. i want to pull in a fiber but BT insist that they pull in a copper. Can somebody tell me why ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New build

this has nothing to do with BT Retail  the engineer who was there to install works for openreach

if you are getting FTTP - fibre to the home - then phone FTTP team and see if they can help 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

A new build served overhead suggests it’s an infill property in an overhead area , or a very small development , again in a predominantly overhead fed area, did the developer of this property ever approach OR about FTTP  ?
If the duct runs to the base of a pole , and assuming this pole is in a public footpath, who provided the last part of the duct , as a ‘developer’ shouldn’t be excavating in public land , if it’s an OR pole, OR or an OR contractor should be linking up any developer installed  duct , not the developer, the developer should only go to the site boundary/curtilage.

If the general area has been provided with a fibre overlay ( you state that fibre is already at the pole ) then is your individual property shown as having FTTP available on the BT Wholesale checker , perhaps you can show the results for your individual address from 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If your property isn’t listed, or didn’t exist when the area was surveyed for FTTP, then it’s possible that you ( at least initially) can only order a copper pair service ..no point in arguing with the OR installer, if the job has a ordinary exchange equipment and a copper pair routing, that’s what you will get,( or you refuse the install) but the OR tech cannot arbitrarily just provide ‘fibre’.

Even if there is fibre to the pole , presumably you know this because there is evidence of FTTP , like a CBT (connectorised block terminal)  , but if your address has been added after the area was dimensioned for FTTP) and assuming FTTP capacity is available , your address may need to be added before FTTP is shown as available.

Message 4 of 11

Hello

It was the OR engineer that said for me to ring my provider and ask them to upgrade my order to fiber but BT tell me that they only can supply me with a copper cable. I am confused in who i should be asking to sort this for me. I thought that my provider had to get OR to install the fiber to my house. It was OR that supplied me with the duct.    

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Does your address exist with the Post Office/Royal Mail , you haven’t posted the results of the BTw checker to confirm if FTTP is available 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Does your address exist with the Post Office/Royal Mail , you haven’t posted the results of the BTw checker to confirm if FTTP is available 

BT don’t supply you with any cable , copper or fibre, that is Openreach 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

The btw checker wont let me put in my full address. Im 21b and it wont let me put in the b. and yes my address exist with the post office
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

BA Checker.jpg

Edit: Address removed

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I recommend you remove your address from the checker result

Message 10 of 11

As you can get FTTP then ring the FTTP team on the number given earlier by @imjolly .

0 Ratings