Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Circuit connections

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

The bit that makes me think its a wiring issue is this.

Quote.

"I can't connect the Sky box to the broadband as it kills the connection"

possibly not using a filter.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Or thinking that the Sky splitter was a filter. This is the correct way to do it.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/skyconns.jpg

Anyway its up to the OP to ask for help.

0 Ratings
snert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

The skybox is NOT connected to the phone circuit. Nothing is except 1 phone and th homehub. ALL extension sockets have been disabled at my request by the open reach engineer. The problem IS NOT in the house. This has been confirmed by Openreach.

The problem is physical distance from the cab which gives over 71db of noise on the line.
0 Ratings
snert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

I've requested a lift and shift to see if that helps but I'm not holding out much hope.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

for adsl it is the distance from the exchange to your home not the cabinet to your home.  do you mean the attenuation is 71 making you about 5km from the exchange.

why don't you post your router adsl stats like Keith suggested earlier and see if anyone can help?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings