Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: New computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via bt home hub

@ifailatnames wrote:

I just got a new computer,

Any spec in the paperwork that came with it?

or

google the name and model followed by specification - this should tell you what's installed and you could install the missing drivers as already advised

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

did you check in device manager to see if windows has found the network card ( go to start, control panel, system and security and then you will see device manager)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 16

Oh dear, it hasn't got anything on my device manager about network adapters. does this mean i'll have to reformat the pc again :/?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

is there anything in device manager that has a yellow circle with an exclamation on it - something windows is not sure what it is

is it a separate pci network card or is it onboard.  if onboard then you could try the motherboard disc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

You could check that the network adaptor is enabled in bios.

It can be disabled though god knows why this day and age.

Caught me out once.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Sounds to me like he hasn't installed the Motherboards drivers.

Sometimes you get away with it... Other times you don't.. Depends on the Mobo.

Take the side off the computer case and write down what Manufacturer & Model the Mobo is then using your other machine ( or boot a linux distro on your new build) and go to the manufacturers website.. Drivers download section and get the correct drivers  and then install them.

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings