Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomarise
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New connection problems

Hi 

We just got BT infinity today,  connection speed promised 50, but we are currently getting between 7 and 11.  I know it needs time to settle down but also the connection is dropping and the light flashing amber every 10 minutes.

This has been happening all day - Is this normal on a new connection?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New connection problems

No it is not normal. You should get more or less the top speed your line can support which should be slightly higher than your guaranteed speed from the start. It may fluctuate slightly but not as low as you are getting.

If you connect to the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket and things don't improve you will need to contact BT and report a fault.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 6

@jomarise welcome to the community and thanks for posting, that sounds like a fault. Did you manage to get it reported?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 6

you checked for noise on the line with a corded phone? 17070 option 2. Any noise at all report a line fault not a broadband one.

0 Ratings
jomarise
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

rang BT, they have tested the line - no problems showing.

I tested by plugging straight into master socket - all fine.

Connection dropped while on phone to them - they still cant find an issue.

Phone line is clear.

Despite it still dropping every 10 minutes and not getting above 16mb in speed they say I have to wait 10 days as this is normal.   Surely the connection dropping 6 times an hour is not normal.  

Feel a bit fobbed off!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@jomarise Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username, we're quite busy at the moment so it will take a few days to get back to you

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings