cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serena121
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

New contract - but no prices !!

Hi, I'm new to all this but I need advice.  On Tuesday 12/7 I phoned BT as my contract was due for renewal in nextcouple of weeks,  the guy who dealt with it gave me various prices, after "checking with his manager" ,  I wrote them all down, exactly what I'd be paying per month,    and asked him to email me the details.....  This is for broadband and anytime calls by the way.  Have only now printed out BT's email to look through and check  -   NO mention of ANY price for ANYTHING !  Not in the email,  and not on My BT online either.   What are they playing at?  Have I got to wait until my first bill showing the new prices before I can check that thy're right??   And if they're not,  then it's too late to cancel??!!  I may be over 60 but I'm not completely stupid.....   any suggestions/help gratefully received.  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: New contract - but no prices !!

Phone the options team 0800800030 and they will help  they are UK based 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

And if they can't provide you with the correct price details, make sure you cancel the order within 14 days.

serena121
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for that, all sorted now.  

0 Ratings
serena121
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I spoke too soon...

Re my original post on BT not providing written confirmation of prices agreed verbally - sadly I spoke too soon in thinking this was sorted. First call to Options team, they said they'd send another email showing prices, I got 2 emails but both contained nothing but an "Error" message. Another call to OT then, on 19th, they said they'd better mail me a paper copy - I said good idea. That arrived this morning and STILL no prices on it, it's just a printout of the very first email I got from them!! Now I can't get an answer from the OT number.... Do you think I should cancel? Or trust their verbal quotes? This is a complete nightmare for me.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Re: I spoke too soon...

I have merged this with your original thread and marked it unsolved.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

NeilO
Message 7 of 9

Re: I spoke too soon...

@serena121 Sorry about that, if you contact our billing live chat team on this link they'll be able to confirm your package pricing. Post back to let me know how you get on. 

0 Ratings
serena121
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Have tried but I do not have 15 minutes to wait for an assistant. I've spent hours already on this, it is up to BT to sort it - not me.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 9

@serena121 Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username . The mod team can help but we are quite busy at the moment so it will likely be next week before we can reply. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings