cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

New customer - awful awful experience!!!

Switched over from Andrews and Arnold to BT last Friday (9th)...oh what a mistake that has turned out to be!

I was told that there's a 10 settling in period where my speed could fluctuate...this I can handle.  However, in truth, every day since the 9th, it gets to 4pm in the afternoon and my connection is so slow it's unusable!  Every day this has happened!

I contacted supprot...they claim it's normal...phone customer relations, they claim it's not normal....phoned technical support back and they say there's no tests they can do until the 10 day period has finished.

So, in short, I am paying for a service that I do not recieve between 4pm and 7am and nobody at BT is willing to help!

Have also contact Watchdog and Trading Standards about this!

Has anyone else here experienced this?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: New customer - awful awful experience!!!

Welcome to this customer to customer help forum.

To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at Helping forum members to help you which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 1 days, 07:11:44
Downstream: 9.742 Mbps
Upstream: 472 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up): 3.6 dB / 14.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 37.1 dB / 21.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 20.4 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 3966912 / 228
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 34977934 / 571
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 397793 / 2697

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Were those figures taken from the test socket, as there are quite a few errors?

Apart from that, your speed is not far short of what it should be for your distance from the exchange.

What were the BT Speedtester results?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Have to admit; those results were suprising as it shows a good downstream?  When I do a speedtest, I am lucky to push 1MG?!?  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

could you run the full diagnostic BT speed test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and post back the results
Also are you connecting to the hub using a wireless or wired connection the speed test should be run using a wired connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

with a wired connecton the speed test results are:

Download 0.24

upload 0.00

Ping Latency 34.13

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

If you are getting a slow download speed, then it will be due to the CRC errors, as your latency is set to fast at the moment, but it should have changed to interleaved.

This change should be automatic, but if it has not changed after the full 10 days, then it can be changed with the assistance of the BT Care Team who moderate this forum.

It best to leave it connected and do not restart the home hub until the 10 days is over. Then post back here if the latency is still showing as fast.

I assume that you are connected directly to the master socket, and not an extension?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Welcome to the wonderful world of BT. My connection speed never gets above 0.35 mps and they call this a broadband service. Now they have Fibreoptic 2.5kms away but will not connect me without changing my phone number (which I have had for about 35 years). All contact is with India where they keep saying sorry but do not mean it. Engineeer came today and told me the solution. Sales team are saying it is not possible. In short this is BT's world pass the customer around until they get fed up and go away. Perhaps this is the best option.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

kennelman this post is over 6 months old
0 Ratings