Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

New customer with broadband issues

Go to solution
Moved from TalkTalk on 10th December as infinity 2 had good speeds for my online gaming son. From day to the broadband works intermittently. Sometimes working all day then to drop for over an hour in the evening to dropping 20 plus times in an afternoon. Before we switched - no problems! Hav call Bt about 6 times and we’v done all the tests. They kept telling me that it takes 10 days to settle its speeds. I don’t think dropping out ever day is settling speeds! On 2 occasions a fault eventually came up but was outside and I then got a message saying fixed - it’s not! It is so frustrating. Last call I asked for an engineer and was told I would be called back as they may decide not to send one - no call, no engineer, rubbish broadband. Dropped again tonight at 11pm! It so it’s all times of day and night and for varying lengths. If I can’t get it sorted in next few days I’m going to go back to Talktalk - help!!
0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: New customer with broadband issues

Go to solution

Can you post the connection stats from the hub. How to HERE

Enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove your phone number before posting.

Try a quiet line test 17070 option 2. Any noise report a line fault, don't mention broadband.

Finally connect to the test socket with a filter and repost your connection stats.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

@Annat

Welcome to this user forum.

If you can provide the information asked for by @pippincp, then it might be possible for forum members to help.

Noise on the phone line is the most common cause of disconnections, and will cause the lights on the home hub to change colour, which I assume you are seeing when you lose the connection?

If the lights are not changing, then its likely to be a problem with your network devices not maintaining connection, that would be out of BTs control, but forum members should be able to help you with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution
Thanks.
Hub drops to orange.
Will try and answer his questions but I’m a non techie so not sure how to do some of the things!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

this may help  https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-for...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

So sorry i'm being a bit dense.

1 have managed to get connection stats and attached results

2 not sure how to enter phone number on the link you sent.  as this goes through to speed test.  I cant plug in my Imac as its is in another room so as its wireless not sure if the speed test is accurate. 

3 quiet line test - not sure how quiet it's suppose to be! very slight noise but its a wireless handset so I would say its very quiet.

4 no idea what this means!

Apologies, this could be a bit tricky dealing with me!

anna

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

IMG_9848.jpgIMG_9849.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

@Annat

This is the link @pippincp meant to send you.

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Your connection shows you have been connected for 7 hours 30 minutes, so how often are the disconnections occuring?

And do the lights change on the home hub when you get the disconnection?

I suspect that its just the iMac that is disconnecting from the wireless, and not a broadband issue.

Can you please post the information from the home hub event log, as that will show whether its a wireless issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe OP states hub turns orange in message 4

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

@AnnatIs that steady orange or flashing orange?

Flashing orange light

The Hub is connecting to broadband - this takes about 30 seconds Give it a minute or two to connect. The light will turn steady blue when your Hub is ready
Steady orange light

The Hub is working but isn't connected to the internet - this takes about two minutes Connect a device to your Hub using a cable or wi-fi. Open a web browser and follow the on-screen help wizard to get connected

As discribed above.

0 Ratings