cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The-Hive
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

New customer

Hi ive been a BT customer a couple of months now I had previously used a friends btfon login when out and about with him and now id like to be able to use my own btfon login but im not sure of my login etc. Were can I find my login details or have them sent to my email address (the one associated with my bt account). Thankyou
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: New customer

Your login details are the e-mail account that you setup when you ordered your broadband. It will be in the format xxxxx@btinternet.com.

The password will be the one associated with this e-mail address.

0 Ratings
The-Hive
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
The-Hive
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Hi I have forgotten those details though as I mainly used my email associated with my bt account (where all my bt bills etc go to)
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

the information should be in the letters you received from BT when you joined bt broadband  do you not check you btinternet mail as that will be where any bt correspondence will go

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
The-Hive
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I have never used my btinternet mail as all my bt emails are sent to my main email address which is a Gmail account. If someone could guide me in the right direction to recover my btinternet email address I would be very grateful. Thsnkyou
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

you can try online chat but at best they will send it to you for security reasons 

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 9

@The-Hive wrote:
I have never used my btinternet mail as all my bt emails are sent to my main email address which is a Gmail account. If someone could guide me in the right direction to recover my btinternet email address I would be very grateful. Thsnkyou

If your bt mail is forwarded to your G mail a/c [to which you must have set up a forward function?] you'll find the bt.com mail adress within the forwarded G mail account Inbox eg:

absmith@btinternet.com

at the top of those e mails in your G mail Inbox..........

You can then open that email and select "Forgot my password" which will then be forwarded to you.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
sodafountain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I think you are mistaken, i signed up for BT yesterday, and for the account, it specifically asks you for an e-mail address (an existing one), and if you don;t have one, it will give you a @btinternet.com one to use.

You still get a @btinternet.com e-mail address when you sign up, but for your account, you can choose your normal e-mail address, it does not get sent to your btinternet one if you ask for this.

0 Ratings