cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aberglaslyn
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New estate - openreach say they have installed all necessary for us to order FTTP, but not available

Myself and a bunch of neighbours are all anxious to get better speeds than the 0.3Mb we are currently achieving (at best) via our standard broadband.  We live on a newish Bovis Homes estate near Milton Keynes (MK3).  Our exchange is accepting fibre orders, but we cannot order yet.  I have asked Bovis and they have done all they need to do, they gave me a contact at openreach who was very nice on the phone and explained the fibre was in the ground and he had done all the necessary paperwork.  As far as he is concerned we should be able to order FTTP.

However the checker says, for my phone number:

Exchange MILTON KEYNES is served by Cabinet 78

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3Available
ADSL MaxUp to 0.75--0.75 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available
Fixed Rate0.5----Available

What can we do, who can we ask?  help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
hippey
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: New estate - openreach say they have installed all necessary for us to order FTTP, but not avail

There should be a line above that information stating WBC FTTP if your address is able to be fitted with FTTP. Otherwise it seems that Openreach's database isn't upto date.

Have you tried ordering any products yet?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: New estate - openreach say they have installed all necessary for us to order FTTP, but not avail

Get back on to the contact at Openreach and ask when the database will be updated. BT Retail cannot do anything until then.

Once the database has been updated the FTTP sales contact number is 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings