cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 36

Re: New exchange doesn't quite reach me - what can I do?

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
carmor
Beginner
Message 12 of 36

Oh, this is looking dismal! What a shame. We've been waiting months for that Fundenhall Exchange to be fibre enabled.

Really appreciate your time on this though.
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 13 of 36

Now it is not all doom and gloom as some exchanges can have the FTTC DSLAM installed inside the exchanges.
carmor
Beginner
Message 14 of 36

tell me more NewtronStar - any way of me finding that out? and what that means for my slow situation?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 36

it would still not help at around 3 mile range as the poster is  the situation is exactly as the installed cabinet out side the exchange

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 36

@NewtronStar wrote:
Now it is not all doom and gloom as some exchanges can have the FTTC DSLAM installed inside the exchanges.

Not sure why that would help as the distance to the cab/exchange will be the same and far to far for fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 36

@NewtronStar wrote:

... but he is still 3 miles from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
James-C
BT Expert
Message 18 of 36

Hi @carmor

Have you tried using the Better Broadband for Norfolk when and where checker? http://www.betterbroadbandnorfolk.co.uk/default.aspx

There is a postcode checker on the right hand side.

You may also want to keep in contact with the Better Broadband for Norfolk BDUK/SEP team via BetterBroadbandforNorfolkProject@norfolk.gov.uk giving them your landline number and full address to see if you are within scope of the programmes.

0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 19 of 36

I don't know the ins & outs but recently some users that live very close to the exchange have had the FTTC DSLAM equipment installed inside the exchange without the need of a external FTTC cabinet, I guess it depends on the size and how many customers the exchange serves for this to be viable.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 36

Which has absolutely no bearing on the OP's problem whatsoever.

0 Ratings